KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My motor is at 17,000km. I did 15,000km maintenance. oil, oil filter, air filter, Spark plug changed. But fuel consumption did not fall.

It consumes 5.2lt of gasoline in calm use.

I'm so upset, what should I do?

·
Registered
343 Posts
My bike uses also about 5l/100km riding in heavy city traffic - not aggressive riding.
When I do a trip outside of the city the consumptions is <4l/100km.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Have you checked all variables that might create friction during your rides? Here in Asia, almost all riders keep their foot on the brake at all times which won't help. Brake pads dragging, chain old or too tight, too wide tire size etc. Then again I think the usage is mentioned at 4.7 Ltr/hour? Maybe you should let us know your average over a year/month different rides etc.

Hello,

My motor is at 17,000km. I did 15,000km maintenance. oil, oil filter, air filter, Spark plug changed. But fuel consumption did not fall.

It consumes 5.2lt of gasoline in calm use.

I'm so upset, what should I do?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked all variables that might create friction during your rides? Here in Asia, almost all riders keep their foot on the brake at all times which won't help. Brake pads dragging, chain old or too tight, too wide tire size etc. Then again I think the usage is mentioned at 4.7 Ltr/hour? Maybe you should let us know your average over a year/month different rides etc.
The motor had fuel consumption of up to 15,000km, out of town 3.4lt and inner city 3.8-4.0lt.

Whatever happened, the engine started to burn too much after 15,000km. Although I do maintenance at 3,000km. I'm not a very aggressive engine driver, I always drive my bike for 6,000-8,000 rpm.

I checked the brake pads. 70% available. I always check the tires. 29-30 bars.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Assuming that the mpg is really elevated, check if the problem occurred after the big service. If so ask them if they had to adjust valve - cam clearance. If the did it and there is no rolling drag (constantly braking or wheel bearings) then get the bike back and tell em to adjust the clearence properly.

If you raise the bike on a stand you can easily check if there is any drag from wheels.

You should also check for ecu error codes because more mpg can can come as a reason to failling coolant temp sensor, IAT sensor, or lambda sensor.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts