KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Fuel efficiency review

12K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sachin Syam 
#1 ·

I can tell you with 100% certainty that we do have 400km range on this bike. Last night I fueled up at 377km and by the amount of gas that I was able to put in the [14.5L] tank I know that I had 1.8L still in the tank. Since at this time of year and with me being 95kg this bike takes 29km/L, so that’s how I know with 100% certainty that 400km is not only a theoretical marketing ploy, but a practical reality. 🍾🎉🥂
In comparison, my 2019 Duke 390 range was 309km and it was a bit more thirsty at 4.1L/100km.

The Adventure’s engine is noticeably detuned for more comfortable HWY rides at a quiet 5800rpm at 100km/h. It’s more gentle and acceleration is not as snappy.
I feel a 0.5 second lag between when I twist the throttle and the bike starting to accelerate wich I’m planning to investigate. I have a suspicion that factory valve adjustment was done incorrectly. Maybe the fueling is so lean that the acceleration feels “rubbery” as in turbo lag.
I’m wondering if other people have the same experience or it’s just this bike.

#3 ·
When I fuel up, my range (2018 Duke 390) shows 320km or more. My overall fuel economy has been 3.9l/100km, but that includes most of the KM that were put on by the previous owner. When I reset the trip 1 at fillup it's usually 3.2-3.6l/100km, so I'm getting better economy than the previous owner it seems.