KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I recently purchased a KTM duke 390 about a week ago. Everything was fine until yesterday when i was riding back home with 3 bars of fuel still left. And it started showing low fuel. It keeps showing and suddenly dissappears and shows up again after sometime.
Any fix?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Add fuel.

Fuel warnings are just that. Depending on how much the fuel is surging around the tank will depend on whether the sensor switches on. Normally it should just come on and stay on. If the happens often you may need to replace the sensor but I’d check the wiring connections first.

·
Registered
378 Posts
From my experience, it shows up during acceleration, as it seems the pick up is towards the front of the gas tank. It then might go away on deceleration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my experience, it shows up during acceleration, as it seems the pick up is towards the front of the gas tank. It then might go away on deceleration.
Yes it comes up only during acceleration. When i stop it dissappears. But is it normal though? Because it was fine until i had 4 bars of fuel left.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Most cars have a damper on the fuel quantity sensor to stop spurious readings when you drive up a steep hill or take a corner fast.
Also fuel tanks have compartments to stop all the fuel sloshing around the tank.
l am guessing that the Duke 390 fuel level sensor is a bit over zealous. Mine will show "FUEL LOW" and then will be OK for a while depending on how l am riding.
l guess the solution is to add more fuel, as suggested above

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Pujya123,
As others have said, this is pretty typical. When my low fuel light comes on I still have about 1.5 gallons left in the tank (US). The best thing to do is to fill up one time as soon as you can after the light comes on. Then you will know how much fuel you really have in the tank and how much farther you can go before running out when the light comes on. Good info for when you're out on a long ride. I can almost always go at least 200 miles on a tank and still have some fuel left.

Cheers!
Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the prompt replies folks. I can finally rest easy. I thought i had a faulty speedometer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Pujya123,
As others have said, this is pretty typical. When my low fuel light comes on I still have about 1.5 gallons left in the tank (US). The best thing to do is to fill up one time as soon as you can after the light comes on. Then you will know how much fuel you really have in the tank and how much farther you can go before running out when the light comes on. Good info for when you're out on a long ride. I can almost always go at least 200 miles on a tank and still have some fuel left.

Cheers!
Craig
Yes brother i will keep that in mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts