KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with Power Commander or other good mapping products?

It seems none are available yet for the 390 but I am thinking it would be a great thing to do.

·
Registered
817 Posts
If the 390 is the same as the 2013 690 then there is nothing available due to no one having cracked the ECU yet. On the older models you can use either Powercommander or TuneECU. Im looking around at the moment as I really want to adjust the power curve from the back end to more mid/lower end of the range. Gearing will help a little but this engine is far to polite down low.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chain and Sprocket change like mig suggested plus a ECU map/tune would really be sweet on this bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If the 390 is the same as the 2013 690 then there is nothing available due to no one having cracked the ECU yet. On the older models you can use either Powercommander or TuneECU. Im looking around at the moment as I really want to adjust the power curve from the back end to more mid/lower end of the range. Gearing will help a little but this engine is far to polite down low.
Yup...I dont think any is available yet for the 390...

best would be a gearing change... go up at least +2 on your rear sprocket...you will have to replace the chain too for this mod...doing this not only improves the low down performance of your bike but also makes your bike look better as the 390 has a heavy and ugly looking steel sprocket. Replace it with a nicer lighter aluminum 47T rear sprocket in Anodized orange or Silver, and a nice 520 Gold chain...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet, I'm new to after market chains and sprockets, can you suggest good brands and an online retailer? I see some on ebay but not sure on quality.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Grab the Powerparts rear sprocket or take the steel one into the shop and check for hole alignment. For chain the choice is endless, D.I.D, EK, Tsubaki etc etc. it really depends on preferance but ultimately the choice really comes down to longevity etc. cheaper chains stretch faster but expensive ones will eventually do the same.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I cant find any tuning options right now

Seems like changing the sprockets are the only way to get a bit more acceleration out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am using the race dynamics powertronic which is yet to be launched for the 390, it is a piggyback system that allows for ignition, fuelling and over rev too. Have seen gains of 2.5bhp on the wheel at peak but the rest of the rev range with the ignition mapping and fuelling really increases torque and rideablity and response.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Am using the race dynamics powertronic which is yet to be launched for the 390, it is a piggyback system that allows for ignition, fuelling and over rev too. Have seen gains of 2.5bhp on the wheel at peak but the rest of the rev range with the ignition mapping and fuelling really increases torque and rideablity and response.
Welcome to the forum Pyscho.....now tell me more!
You have it already fitted to the bike?
Do you have a link?
This is good news mate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check Race Dynamics for the details have had it on my bike for over a month now and seem to have hit a roadblock with the exhaust stopping me from reaching the full potential. Planning to get one soon. 11000+ rpm sounds sweet trust me

·
Registered
6 Posts
We at UD MOTOR X provide custom ECU Remaps for all bikes on Indian roads as well as globally.

We are the only one to offer remaps for KTM Duke 200 & KTM Duke 390.
We are a dedicated team of engineers, engine professionals and automobile industry veterans, having years of experience in engine performance upgrades, performance tuning and race preparation.

We have been tuning Duke 200 from 2010 since it's launch and developed map for duke 390 on it's launch. Our Remapped bikes has travelled 1000's of km with tours from hottest to coldest parts of the country. Our bikes has have been in Races , Rallies, Competitions everywhere. There isn't any effect on warranty because map will be invisible to the service station.

Specs of Duke 200 after Remap:

*Increase in Power by up to 13%
*Rev limit - 13,000 rpm from 10,500 rpm
*Top speed - 167 km/hr from 135 km/hr
*Linear Power Delivery starts from 3000 rpm till 13000 rpm whereas in stock bike power delivery starts from 6000 rpm till 9500 rpm.
*Certain gain in mileage

Specs of Duke 390 after Remap:

*Increase in Power by up to 15%
*REV limit 13000 rpm
*Softer & steadier idling even on cold start
*Linear Power Delivery starts from 3000 rpm till 13000 rpm
*About 90% reduction in jerks which are felt during the lower Rev range
*About 50% reduction in vibrations while riding and even idling
*Bike is more powerful & smoother throughout the REV Range
*Big improvement in in-gear acceleration
*Certain gain in mileage

Cost for Duke 200 is 200 usd shipping extra
Cost for Duke 390 is 210 usd shipping extra.

We work all over India and internationally.

Web: www.UDMOTORX.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/udmotorx
e-mail: [email protected]
mob no.: (use international code for India) 9711 971 791

1 - 13 of 13 Posts