KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang, I am considering buying a 390 Duke, I used to have a 2012 690 Duke that I loved apart from the fuelling; it switched mode from closed loop (which was really lean) to open loop at a quarter throttle or 3000rpm which made riding in traffic a real pain as it would 'chunter' and snatch the rear chain as it flipped between modes.

So my question is this : would a 2020 390 Duke do something similar or have they sorted out the fuelling?

At the time there was no factory update to the 690 to fix it, I did buy a magic box from Australia that modified the signal from the oxygen sensor that improved the issue but didn't solve it.

Thanks in advance, Martin

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
KTM has no fueling issues. The reason the bike runs like this is the regulations on emission gasses.
The KTM engines run the best they can comply with these regulations and as such you as an owner may alter the AFR and forget about the environment, KTM can not.
Any piggyback shall "smoothen" out the too low rev riding, making it more suitable for Not Ready To Race riding..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts