KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having a play around in photoshop mocking up some ideas. Custom exhaust and black rims in the works soon and planning to draw up and get some custom vinyls made to replace the stock ones but I also like the new look of the 690 r so I started making a little 390 r and don't mind it at all!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Like your work!
I like the bar end mirrors, powerparts seat and graphics!
if it were me id keep the orange wheels and add the powerparts streetfighter style headlight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers!

Yeah I have a bit of a love hate relationship with the orange wheels. I preordered it with the black judging from early press shots but when they finally arrived they were only in orange. I just think it's a bit much at times, reminds of the repsol cbrs and makes it look a bit like a toy. Yeah I like the streetfighter style light too but I'm going to hang on to the stock item for a while, I don't mind it.

Here it is with the orange wheels and also as it currently is for comparison.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The new decals are definitely going to look great. I could go with or without the orange on the wheels. I think that it comes down to matching the rims with the frame. You should go with the same color on both IMO.

Great job with photoshop!

·
Registered
573 Posts
agree ... with the powerparts headlight ... it will be OMG !

Like your work!
I like the bar end mirrors, powerparts seat and graphics!
if it were me id keep the orange wheels and add the powerparts streetfighter style headlight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I'll do a mockup tonight with the other headlight!

Dukeitout the fridge is an approx 1950 kelvinator, still runs! Keeps the beers chilled wheb working on the bikes haha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally got around to photoshopping in the other headlight, philcoure you might recognise it, I pinched it from your photos! it was the only direct side on photo i could find online haha

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was iffy on this from the first pic but now im sold, looks neat mate and actually looks like a mini 690. Looks tidy although that oil cap kills it but thats cause Im not a fan of the orange bits on the engine. Keep us updated as the build goes on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers guys. Yeah that oil cap stands out a bit more than it actually does in that pick as it's reflecting some light. will post some picks as it progresses. Need to start drawing up the illustrator drawings for printing. Thinking i'll probably plastidip the wheels and see how it goes, can always go back to the orange then. Hopefully will fab up the exhaust soon and get a powertronic unit and start playing with the tuning!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Loving your photoshop skills @mitchb

What about a taylormade exhaust? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
264 Posts
You should look at removing the airbox for a hollow look. I'm considering doing that. The carby inlet is 60mm diameter. Plenty of K&N filters will fit that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
You should look at removing the airbox for a hollow look. I'm considering doing that. The carby inlet is 60mm diameter. Plenty of K&N filters will fit that.
Theres a lot of debate about this with the 690 guys regarding pod filters and air box requirements. When I had a look at the box a while back I noticed theres the hose bank on the right hand side, unsure what it is but Im assuming its the vacum set up?
Looking forward to your results :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I was thinking about that when I was looking over the self study manual. That pipe as far as I can tell is probably just pull in some cooler air away from the heat of the engine but I haven't had a detailed look. Also the cops here are pretty narky about pod filters on bikes and removing the airbox, plenty of defects have been handed out for it among all the cafe racers. Then again the exhaust I'm doing isn't remotely legal :p

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about that when I was looking over the self study manual. That pipe as far as I can tell is probably just pull in some cooler air away from the heat of the engine but I haven't had a detailed look. Also the cops here are pretty narky about pod filters on bikes and removing the airbox, plenty of defects have been handed out for it among all the cafe racers. Then again the exhaust I'm doing isn't remotely legal :p

We don't have problems with airboxes or filters but definitely issues with exhaust changes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good, I want to try and come up with some custom decals too. Would you be willing to share the template?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts