KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to shorten the pull on my '13 model and was considering the G2 cam throttle,unfortunately I can't find a listing for my bike anywhere.Are KTM G2's all the same spec?I can find them for 4 stroke off roaders (EXC-f,etc),is it the same for the Duke?....alternatively I could get a newer model std throttle (tube I think)..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..can anybody tell me if the 2013 and 2016 throttle tubes are interchangeable,or do I need the whole throttle assembly...Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
If your 2013 Duke has the same switch housings and handlebar as the 2015 model, (I believe it does), then the G2 will fit. The G2 has the largest cam that will fit within the OEM switch module. I have one and it is a very nice upgrade, with a little shorter travel even than the OEM 2015 throttle, whose travel was lessened compared to the 2013-14 models. The G2 offers a luxuriously smooth operation. A fine piece.

Reactions: B7ACKTHORN

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your 2013 Duke has the same switch housings and handlebar as the 2015 model, (I believe it does), then the G2 will fit. The G2 has the largest cam that will fit within the OEM switch module. I have one and it is a very nice upgrade, with a little shorter travel even than the OEM 2015 throttle, whose travel was lessened compared to the 2013-14 models. The G2 offers a luxuriously smooth operation. A fine piece.
I can't seem to find a listing for G2 for the Duke,will the adjustable one I linked above fit/Thanks.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The G2 that fits is here - scroll down.

KTM - MNNTHBX

The model to which you linked is in fact listed for the Duke 125-390 if you scroll far down the "model" menu.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the G2 throttle works lovely on my 2016 D390!

It does not feel jerky or abrupt, but it does allow me to go WOT (Wide Open Throttle) without having to open my fingers and re-grip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts