KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks how goes it?!

First time street bike owner, snagged me a 2022 fresh off the lot two weeks ago. I've been waiting for one for a while now and got super lucky. Does anyone else have a 22 yet? It's an absolute blast and boy is my wallet happy with sub $20 fill ups! Whoever says small bikes are worthless ( I was told this incessantly) is just wrong. This thing is so fun, and in the Malibu canyon twisties its a weapon. I've been riding dirt bikes and raced downhill MTB's my whole life so I'm rather comfortable on it and I'm having way too much of a good time.

Plan to do a few things, get rid of the fender, get a slip on, and find some less funky lookin mirrors. I live close to a tuner and plan to get it dialed in with a slip on to smooth it out, but it's so good as is and I love it!

If anyone lives near Thousand Oaks California and wants to ride, lets go chase down some R1's in the canyons!
Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Fuel tank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a feeling that was the case. Due to all the calamity with covid and supply chain stuff there were no 21's and I've been waiting since December for a 22. It was an excruciating wait but now I'm way stoked!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also I am a tad curious. Ive seen some threads about people saying a tune is recommended for a slip on, others say it isn't necessary. I talked to an old Moto GP racer that i know, and he was kind of on the fence on wether or not a power commander was necessary. Im interested in the Pro Race shorty pipe, I love the look and I have no problems being loud, I would actually prefer it. Anyone got any input for me? I don't want to lean the bike out too much because I understand that is the main concern, and my commute to work is about 55 miles round trip so it'll be running around 7500-8500k for about an hour throughout my commute.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts