KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let you guys know that GP Suspension has fork cartridges available for the 2019 390. I sent in my forks so they could R&D some given the lack of options.
Please call or refer to their site for pricing

·
Registered
478 Posts
I found the standard suspension to be very good for the type of bike that the Duke 390 is.
It rides well over rough roads and still seems to handle well on the smooth stuff.
How will this kit improve the bike?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the standard suspension to be very good for the type of bike that the Duke 390 is.
It rides well over rough roads and still seems to handle well on the smooth stuff.
How will this kit improve the bike?
I am pretty big guy 250lbs without gear. I use it as a practice bike for when I am not at the track so I tend to brake hard enough to bottom out the forks. I needed springs at the very least and extra dampening. This would help me prevent me from getting in trouble while trail braking

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ah right OK l can see why you would want to upgrade the standard setup. The standard units are non adjustable so if the forks are bottoming out there’s nothing you can adjust to improve it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Well, that is not completely so.
You can open the forks and insert a stronger spring.
But "why"?
Go and have a ride on a similar bike as yours with Andreani inserts and your question will be answered.

Ah right OK l can see why you would want to upgrade the standard setup. The standard units are non adjustable so if the forks are bottoming out there’s nothing you can adjust to improve it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have to say I've rebuilt one of my other bikes forks with cartridge internals and the improvement is just WOW . Not a cheap option I got lucky and found an unused kit secondhand on ebay . Having tried it I would say well worth full price if you want to push your bike harder . Budget for rear shock too .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts