KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bewdy, I'll take a look. Thank you.

Edit: Okay, I took a peak, looks good but think its just body panel touch up paint not the heat resistant stuff that won't melt away under hot temp. Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
The areas that are susceptible to damage during a crash - the lower edges of the clutch and stator covers - do not heat up like an exhaust header. I would be surprised if these parts ever reach 200F/93C. I believe regular body panel paint is sufficient for this heat range. High temperature paint is generally used for parts that are subjected to much higher temps - eg, exhaust manifolds and headers operate in the 500-850F/260-480C range. The photos in the RC forum post showed the Duplicolor paint used on the stator cover. As far as I could tell, it looked fine, with no sign of degradation. The only way to know for sure is to try it.

Another possible solution would be to fit engine case covers from R&G, Tyga, et al. These would hide the scraped areas and protect against further damage. Touch-up paint, however, is much cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The link to the forum doesn’t seem to work andmore and I need the paint because I have a scratch on my duke 390 stator cover. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts