1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have KTM Duke 390 Bs6
My Version:1V08
Problems with my Bike:
1. My bike is not starting in a single start.
2. Bike wobbles while doing 120+.
3. Ther is a huge powerlag (compred to Bs4 ).
Do u guys know any solution? Please ping me...........!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wobbling like rear suspension wobbling? Did you see any leaking from rear suspension?

For the engine power run a Dyno and see for your self.

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wobbling like rear suspension wobbling? Did you see any leaking from rear suspension?

For the engine power run a Dyno and see for your self.

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk
No, there is no leakage.
Reg Power - I can feel power lag while raising the throttle.
When I raise the throttle in Duke 390 BS4 its pops up but at the same time when I raise the throttle in BS6, there is a lag & the bike slowly speeds up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
having the same problem here, my bike cries to go beyond 135-140, even tho there is adequate torque on lower speeds, but feels lack of power at top speeds with a lot of wobble, what to do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
having the same problem here, my bike cries to go beyond 135-140, even tho there is adequate torque on lower speeds, but feels lack of power at top speeds with a lot of wobble, what to do?
I too don't know bro, I think we simply wasted 3.3L, That's the bitter truth... ( But some guys also says that's - MRF tyres are the reason for wobble)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Lots of reasons for speed wobble but given the BS4 and BS6 share the same wheels, suspension and frame there is no reason for the speed wobble in the change in model. Are you running the same setup - do you have handguards in the new bike but not the old etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of reasons for speed wobble but given the BS4 and BS6 share the same wheels, suspension and frame there is no reason for the speed wobble in the change in model. Are you running the same setup - do you have handguards in the new bike but not the old etc?
Yeah bro we have handguards on both the bikes everything is similar, but the difference is BS4 has Apollo Tyres and my BS6 has MRF Tyres.
What may be the issue with the power lag?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Speed wobbles are often rider influenced so if you’ve had one it’s natural to grip the bars tighter which will guarantee getting them again. Tyres can do it, I assume you’ve checked the tyre pressure and balance.

BS4 and BS6 are the same bike with different emissions regulations. To meet Euro5 KTM will have had to mess with the mapping so I would point my finger at at.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Speed wobbles are often rider influenced so if you’ve had one it’s natural to grip the bars tighter which will guarantee getting them again. Tyres can do it, I assume you’ve checked the tyre pressure and balance.
Suspension can be a major contributing factor with speed wobbles too. My 07 R6 when I got it, would get nasty head shakes on hard acceleration or high speed bumps. Drove me nuts for a while, until a friend (R6 guru) suggested speeding up the rear shock rebound. I questioned his suggestion in my head, thinking why would the rear affect the front end that much, but tried anyway since I was at a loss. 5-6 clicks later speeding up the rebound on the rear, and it has never had head shake again.

Perhaps the OP has too soft preload setting on the rear shock, causing the rebound to react too slowly for the speed/bump/throttle input. Just a thought.

·
Registered
40 Posts

BS4 and BS6 are the same bike with different emissions regulations. To meet Euro5 KTM will have had to mess with the mapping so I would point my finger at at.
Initially i had the issue. My Duke390 '21 was not going over 130/140 but after i finished 2500km i have gone over 150 but briefly. Mine have MRF tyres and no wobble so far, maybe because i have YSS rear suspension. I also inflate my tyres only 30F and 32R, never more. On YouTube videos people have claimed going over 160KMPH but it's not happened so far with me. The bike is very light and wind conditions do matter. In the future I am thinking of fixing a
steering damper, it's a good thing to have anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have KTM Duke 390 Bs6
My Version:1V08
Problems with my Bike:
1. My bike is not starting in a single start.
2. Bike wobbles while doing 120+.
3. Ther is a huge powerlag (compred to Bs4 ).
Do u guys know any solution? Please ping me...........!
Adjust your preload and make it front biased, that's the only issue I see if the bike isn't faulty i any other way. Preload extremely matter on the Duke! Your wobbles and instability will greatly improve making the proload front biased

1 - 11 of 11 Posts