KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would want to raise the handlebar by a couple of inches since I think it would be comfortable and would enable stand and ride during the offroad patches.
Any ideas of doing this?

Another thing is a good windscreen that would reduce the windblast post 120kmph. I do not want a real big screen though.

Any suggestions would be very helpful!

·
Registered
817 Posts
You can get bar risers from your local shop, depending on your size the 1 inch is generally a good amount to add. You can search Ebay etc but just be sure to get the right bolt spacing. If you measure from bolt center to center it will give you the riser your after. I usally just check it on a floor model or mine if Im in the shop for these type of items. As a note their not that expensive.

Theres a fair few Windscreens out their from PUIG etc, check out Ebay for some idea's, from your description your probanly going to prefer KTM Powerparts one as its small. Few guys on here with them, after my ride this morning in decent winds Ive decided its time to get one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
For raising the bars just put a spacer between the clamp and the tripe tee (you need two) - basically a round pipe with a 8mm hole. You'll need longer bolts to hold the handlebar mounts to the tripe T with.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get bar risers from your local shop, depending on your size the 1 inch is generally a good amount to add. You can search Ebay etc but just be sure to get the right bolt spacing. If you measure from bolt center to center it will give you the riser your after. I usally just check it on a floor model or mine if Im in the shop for these type of items. As a note their not that expensive.

Theres a fair few Windscreens out their from PUIG etc, check out Ebay for some idea's, from your description your probanly going to prefer KTM Powerparts one as its small. Few guys on here with them, after my ride this morning in decent winds Ive decided its time to get one.
For raising the bars just put a spacer between the clamp and the tripe tee (you need two) - basically a round pipe with a 8mm hole. You'll need longer bolts to hold the handlebar mounts to the tripe T with.
Thanks for the Dan, Asiaoildude.
I believe both of you talking about the same way the handlebar can be raised? Any chance that you got pictures of the change?

KTM powerpart windscreen is about 10" high and decent but I am not sure if it can help in speeds excess of 120kmph. Heck, I might even buy it and try if it works. The MRA screens are awesome but expensive :(

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hi Sid
This link shows all the different styles you can get. Each one has there own way of creating comfort. I dont disagree with AOD's method but its something Ive always stayed away from, I have issues with shims in that area but thats just me.

At speeds of 120+ you should be tucked in anyway, it gives a much better acceleration rate ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for the Dan, Asiaoildude.
I believe both of you talking about the same way the handlebar can be raised? Any chance that you got pictures of the change?

KTM powerpart windscreen is about 10" high and decent but I am not sure if it can help in speeds excess of 120kmph. Heck, I might even buy it and try if it works. The MRA screens are awesome but expensive :(
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33701273/D390_bar_risers.JPG

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sid
This link shows all the different styles you can get. Each one has there own way of creating comfort. I dont disagree with AOD's method but its something Ive always stayed away from, I have issues with shims in that area but thats just me.

At speeds of 120+ you should be tucked in anyway, it gives a much better acceleration rate ;)
Dan, I think the link is missing.
Actually, yeah, beyond 115, I usually bend my bulky upper half and almost lie on the tankbag. Feels very 'at home' :p

Thanks a lot for the pic! That helps..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts