KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped hard today and I noticed my handlebars rocked forward and backwards. I pulled over and checked them out and I was able to push them forward and backward. It seemed to be moving way too much. Idk, is this ok? I feel like they’re loose. I searched the manual and I was unable to find torque setting for them. I searched this site and had the same issue. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know the torque specs for them?
Btw, it’s not the 4 screws that hold the plate on that clamps on to the handlebars. It’s the bolts under the handlebars. Under the handlebars there are 2 bolts with Allen screw heads and a 17mm bolt underneath. This is the part that is rocking forward and back. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
From the repair manual from the first gen bikes, should be the"Fitting, Handlebar support".

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've seen them go loose before, for no apparent reason other than perhaps heavy use. Tightening those bolts underneath fixes it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen them go loose before, for no apparent reason other than perhaps heavy use. Tightening those bolts underneath fixes it.
I tried just tightening the bolts but it didn’t help. I had to take the handlebar off to get at the Allen heads in order to tighten it all down. It’s seems like they’re designed to have some play in them. I just don’t know how much play. I torqued them down enough to stop them from freely moving around. Now they feel fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts