KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there mates,
i bought rk xso chain and i was gonna buy rk rear and front sprockets,then i came across a fancy orange supersprox sprocket.its body is made of aluminum and teeths are steel.So if any of you has tried that sprocket could you please tell me if its durable,reliable etc.Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot ktm asean.thats a relief,there aint many reviews on google i had to ask you guys.btw i already bought 112 links,but i see you have a signature 118 links.so your rear is bigger than 45?

·
Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
Hi atinc,

This setup is standard = 45T rear - 15T front
OEM = 78010167118 CHAIN DID 118 LINKS

I also have a Stealth 42T for my 390 and a 40T for my 200

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ktmasean.i havent ordered sprockets yet.what confuses me is currently rear sprocket is 45t and chain on bike is 112links,thus i ordered 112link rk 520xso.i already bought the chain,havent put on the bike yet,am waiting for the sprockets.now you are saying default chain for 15 45 is 118 links...

·
Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
If your chain now is 112 links with OEM sprocket set, it will be the same with Stealth Sprockets.
I can't remember if the chain I bought was 118 in the box and I had to shorten it (I probably did).
The info above is from the KTM Spare Parts Finder site which you are aware of.
Again if your current chain is 112 links, your new chain will be good obviously.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thanks.i ll report back if 112 links chain fits 15/45 ,thus other riders can be sure 😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
The ultimate ratio is 15/48 for the KTM Duke 390. It offers the best use of rpms with transmission ratios gear for gear without sacrificing but a couple m.p.h. at top end speed. The bike seems much happier ripping around town at speeds below 50 m.p.h.. It gets up to speed quicker and is far less "jerky" feeling at lower speeds (below 35 m.p.h.). Rok Bagoros has done the dyno testing and home work on this. There are YouTube videos if you wish to check it out. This setup requires 114 link chain over the 112 link stock length.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there mates,
i bought rk xso chain and i was gonna buy rk rear and front sprockets,then i came across a fancy orange supersprox sprocket.its body is made of aluminum and teeths are steel.So if any of you has tried that sprocket could you please tell me if its durable,reliable etc.Thanks in advance... View attachment 52707
What is the weight you save by installing the supersprox 45T ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually i dont mind weight saving i was going to buy for the fancy look 😂 but the website asks for 50 euros to ship to turkey,thus i gave up.i will buy either ktm oem sprocket or rk.cheers

·
Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
I do more care about weight savings than look ;)

You can find more info on their website but the aluminium core of the Stealth sprocket is 70% lighter than a steel sprocket.
I did not put mine on a scale before installing it but I noticed the weight difference (in favour of the Stealth) when installing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rok Bagoros , BagorosPerformance.com all aluminum 48 tooth for maximum use of stock transmission gear ratio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts