KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Its a law in Australia that the light has to be hard wired to the ignition, your in NZ? Could be a carry over of convenience if its not an NZ law. You could get it changed, just need a 3 position control and an auto electrician.
I have a unit I want to fit but when I tried the headlight it started blowing fuses. Theres obviously something I missed as there is fewer cables than the OEM one. I have noticed that the handlebars seem to act as the earth for the controls, a steel pin slides into a hole. Is it just me or is this an earth?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Also by law in Europe. The only good thing about it is that KTM have implemented it so that the headlight only comes on after the engine has started so its kind to the battery.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Its a law in Australia that the light has to be hard wired to the ignition, your in NZ? Could be a carry over of convenience if its not an NZ law. You could get it changed, just need a 3 position control and an auto electrician.
I have a unit I want to fit but when I tried the headlight it started blowing fuses. Theres obviously something I missed as there is fewer cables than the OEM one. I have noticed that the handlebars seem to act as the earth for the controls, a steel pin slides into a hole. Is it just me or is this an earth?
Dan1, the ktm handle bar has the switch control assemblies on both sides L/H & R/H both of them have metal pins just for alignment and up right position only. the Right assembly has a removable pin which allows the harness to pass through
the assembly. the Left one has a fixed pin which cannot be removed. see pic attached highlighted in orange. This is my understanding the design.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts