KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
personally I don't like the designs of modern headlights with added unnecessary bits etc., if I were to fit a traditional headlight to my DUKE it would be a smaller size one because the DUKE is small, it would be like what is fitted to my Vmax as standard, but it's your bike so you do what pleases you :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personally I don't like the designs of modern headlights with added unnecessary bits etc., if I were to fit a traditional headlight to my DUKE it would be a smaller size one because the DUKE is small, it would be like what is fitted to my Vmax as standard, but it's your bike so you do what pleases you :)
Yea i get what your saying, they have smaller ones, 5", 5.5", i was thinkin somthing like this with the turn signals, so i can remove the ugly original turn signals lol, maybe keep the original headlights,, add a pic of headlights u would put if u were to change urs.. thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am a traditionalist in many ways so basic headlights are what appeals to me, I'll most likely leave my Duke headlight standard as it fits with the design ok and it is my work bike as well as fun bike (2016 model),
the trouble with having incorporated indicators is that if they fail then you may have to replace the whole headlight,

this is my Vmax with the standard headlight and it is what I would use if I were to change my Duke's one, it is 7'' across from edge of chrome rim, the glass area is 5'', I would paint it black though

DSC02820.JPG

·
Registered
347 Posts
Like it or not, would it work with the Duke? Because the Duke has not wires for low beam and high beam. It has a CAN-Bus signal to change the light.

·
Registered
166 Posts
no idea what a CAN-Bus is, don't understand much about modern stuff, if it's complex then I'll leave it alone

·
Registered
347 Posts
no idea what a CAN-Bus is, don't understand much about modern stuff, if it's complex then I'll leave it alone
Here is the introduction from Wikipedia: "A Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a robust vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other's applications without a host computer. It is a message-based protocol, designed originally for multiplex electrical wiring within automobiles to save on copper, but can also be used in many other contexts. For each device the data in a frame is transmitted sequentially but in such a way that if more than one device transmits at the same time the highest priority device is able to continue while the others back off. Frames are received by all devices, including by the transmitting device. "

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the introduction from Wikipedia: "A Controller Area Network (CAN bus) is a robust vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other's applications without a host computer. It is a message-based protocol, designed originally for multiplex electrical wiring within automobiles to save on copper, but can also be used in many other contexts. For each device the data in a frame is transmitted sequentially but in such a way that if more than one device transmits at the same time the highest priority device is able to continue while the others back off. Frames are received by all devices, including by the transmitting device. "

Yea i didnt know bout that, this **** confused the **** outa me so i guess original headlights stay lol thanks every1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts