KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Duke 390, 2020 Zero SR/F, 2006 Honda 919
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running one of these? I installed one today, and it's a blast. I still want to dial in the settings to get it a little smoother though, so I'm curious what settings others are using.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Had the HealTech QS on my Grom & hated it..... Actually took the sensor from the HT & installed it to the PowerTRONIC piggyback on the Duke (with a jumper harness I made) & love it on there (just need to adjust the sensitivity a little so its more refined). I found the sensor seems to work better on the rod vs the clamp bolt also. They tend to work better at higher RPM too.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Had the HealTech QS on my Grom & hated it..... Actually took the sensor from the HT & installed it to the PowerTRONIC piggyback on the Duke (with a jumper harness I made) & love it on there (just need to adjust the sensitivity a little so its more refined). I found the sensor seems to work better on the rod vs the clamp bolt also. They tend to work better at higher RPM too.
Did you end up putting a different QS on your Grom? I love mine on the KTM and would like one for the Grom too...

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Nope, left it off. I still have the Healtech brain/harness if you are interested I could cut you a deal. The sensor is like $84 US on ebay, where the PowerTRONIC one was $160!!!
Let me do some reading, will be in touch, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it on your Grom? It could have been specific to that bike because it's been running great so far on my Duke.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it on your Grom? It could have been specific to that bike because it's been running great so far on my Duke.
Grom is only a 4 speed trans, & I ride it on kart tracks with BIG rumble strips often..... Never took any time to dial it in & the rumble strips caused it to hicuup the motor more than I like & I really never used it on the Grom. My Duke & R6 I use it all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grom is only a 4 speed trans, & I ride it on kart tracks with BIG rumble strips often..... Never took any time to dial it in & the rumble strips caused it to hicuup the motor more than I like & I really never used it on the Grom. My Duke & R6 I use it all the time.
That makes sense. There are indeed settings to adjust the threshold on the shifter and also to cancel out noise so you probably could have dialed it in given enough experimenting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts