KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am staying in india, using the ktm 390 since past 6 months,

1.there r lot of vibrations in the bike specifically in the foot pegs and the handle bars, can anything be done abt it to reduce the vibrations,

2.the fuel economy is to low am getting an average of 12-14 per litre,

Can you help me out

·
Registered
533 Posts
Like duke said, its a difficult problem to diagnose over the internet, but two things immediately jump out to me. Your low MPG's indicate (to me at least) that you ride the bike relatively hard, so based on that assumption I have to ask about how you broke the bike in?

My initial thoughts are on the valves, its possible they're not seated right or its an issue with the retainers (rockers) which if those are off would possibly lead to the bike running rich and using more fuel.

Is there a specific point in the rev band where she really vibrates or is it consistent throughout? A good way to check would be to rev it slowly up the power band in neutral to find the specific spot where the vibs kick in.

Good luck and welcome to the show @Meherzad bharucha

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine does 27 km with one liter and hardly fibrates.
If I don't hold the clutch lever I can hardly feel fibrations
in the left handle and only minor in the right.

I have had many single cilinders and this one is the smoothest
qua fibrations I ever had.

·
Registered
573 Posts
ummm long distance will be a pain in the .... but i get use to the vibe .. mine vibe like nobody else business ... i notice once i had a loose screw that hold my headlamp... i was twisting it with my finger and i was about to ride to my dealer about 10clicks away ... upon reaching ... the screw were no where to be found ... its a long screw ... and that day onwards ... i make sure every nuts and bolt are double check b4 any ride ... be it a 500meter cigarette crave ride or whatsoever .... i rode many single cylinder before.. but all are 2stroker ... this is one hella vibrating monsta ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have recently purchased duke 390 and after the first service I feel these vibrations near the footpeg. This happen during increase in the rpm as mentioned. Is this something usual or should I be worried about. Did not feel these during run-in, perhaps i never took it to those RPMs. Please suggest.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have recently purchased duke 390 and after the first service I feel these vibrations near the footpeg. This happen during increase in the rpm as mentioned. Is this something usual or should I be worried about. Did not feel these during run-in, perhaps i never took it to those RPMs. Please suggest.
Gentlemen here have perfectly summed an explanation for the same. Have have a look above! :)

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
573 Posts
i cant help much on vibe on the pegs ... but vibes on the grips ... i did some changes and now i can travel hitting 9000rpm for hours without actually numbing my hands ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts