KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Cornish (UK) expat recently moved from Australia to Norway here.

Been lurking for a while and picked myself up a 390 couple of weeks ago. Of course it snowed the very next day.

I've had a few good days and loving the bike so far. Nice to see peoples different mods. I've nothing too exciting planned. Picked up some KTM heated grips so far and wouldn't mind a top box of some kind for commuting if I can find one that doesn't look too geeky.

Anyway, glad to be in the 390 club. Safe riding!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome SJ, what part of Norway are you in? Thats a big move from Aus to there, certainly envious.
I was reading your reply regarding the costs and from what I understand that includes your rego, insurance and tax for a set period doesnt it?
Looking forward to some pics of your rides, stunning area of the world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm a new member as well, just registered, and I live in Norway too. Been thinking of the duke390 as a first bike, working on getting my license for this season(even have the stage 2 theory course later today!). How is the insurance on these bikes? Expensive? Also, what part of Norway do you ride in? :) I see they're for sale at a dealer in Oslo, and Levanger (just north of Trondheim), I'm going to guess close to one of these?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Have you had a chance to get out and ride your Duke yet even though it apparently has been snowing in Norway? Any review, good or bad, that you can let a prospective buyer know about?

Very impressed with how international this forum is. Members from every corner of the globe. Its pretty cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome fellas.

Dan, that price was the 'on the road' cost but doesn't include insurance or the annual fee. It all works out in the end though because the resale value will be proportionally higher when I come to sell it on.

Cokeloop, I live in Asker, a little South-West from Oslo. I picked the bike up from Spinnin Wheels which is a dealer East of Oslo. Nice guy and would recommend. Insurance for me is approx. 5000NOK, that is with a 50% no claims discount which is the best they would give me from my Australian 70% no-claims proof.

Maverick, I've had a few little rides so far. In between the snow we've had some beautiful sunny days. I must say I love the bike, but it did stall on me at speed on day 2 - was a scary moment on the motorway. Since then, no problems at all so very happy. I came from a DR-Z400sm and on paper the Duke has more power but of course it is all in the top end, where the DRZ had a lot of bottom end grunt. An adjustment of riding style at first but feels good now i'm used to it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Your KTM looks amazing in the snow! Thankfully with all the orange it has it helps you to stand out, which is important in winter, dont want to get hit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts