KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just went and checked one out in person yesterday and I am sold. Need to finish gathering my gear and then I am good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
while you are at the dealerships, do yourself a favour. ride one of the RC390 as well.

I went in looking at the Dukes, and love them, but once I rode the RC, I had to have one

·
Registered
201 Posts
bahahaha! oh, that's hilarious.

Ok, go put clip-ons and fairings on the duke, and some Metzler M5 tires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
while you are at the dealerships, do yourself a favour. ride one of the RC390 as well.

I went in looking at the Dukes, and love them, but once I rode the RC, I had to have one

I actually checked out the RC 390 while I was there. Super cool bike. I felt that the duke was much more comfortable. At least for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have probably owned 50 bikes in my life. Heck, I own a dozen even now. I really like my 2018 Duke.
almost 9000 kms and counting...

That’s awesome. Some day I would like for a motorcycle to be my main means of transportation.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That’s awesome. Some day I would like for a motorcycle to be my main means of transportation.

I have a car as well, but my bike is my primary transport if I am going alone. I drove it all winter with knobbies and ice studs as I've done for decades. When I lived in the country I would arrive at work on an enduro bike, sled or sport quad depending on the season. I did drive to work every day all winter long on an XL500 one year.

How you dress is important. Wool, the correct synthetic fibers, waterproof fabrics and design become important to you. Not only am I warm on the bike, I'm warm in most circumstances, with a good pair of leather gloves handy. Paying good money for clothes is not a problem if they work and you wear them often.

I love the Duke. Not an off-road bike, not a cruiser, but it can do anything I like. Frugal on fuel and no heavier than I need a bike to be. I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s sounds awesome. Do you do much highway driving with the duke? How does it fair if so?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just found out that there is a street demo day near me soon. Can’t wait to check that out. Anyone been to one yet? What should I expect?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

I've never done a demo day for KTM, so I couldn't tell you. Do you have a license yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts