KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, swapped my Ducati scrambler for a 2022 duke 390 last Saturday.
I am based in Salisbury the UK.
Now onto the question, when i picked up the bike, i received no paperwork with it except the invoice, i understand you can download the manual, but have discovered i should have had a delivery certificate and information regarding the breakdown cover, etc.
I have tried in vain to contact KTM UK, but everything says to contact the dealer? (who seem to be the issue).
Any advice please.

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
526 Posts
Hello 👋. back at you ! And Welcome…..

Did you swap privately…..or at a dealer ? From the fact you mention invoice: I’m guessing a dealer.

Have / are they no help at all ? If they didn’t have the paperwork - can they not chase the previous owner ? ***Seems such a nearly new bike to have all the paperwork go missing for 😳

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi if its new from a dealer then all you get is an invoice. They will register it with KTM and soon you will start getting emails “ Welcome to Ktm” etc. The two year RAC cover is sent in the post with a credit card showing the bikes reg. This took about 10 days from the bike being delivered.

So in summary
No manuals or service book with a new bike
Supplying dealer MUST register your bike with KTM for you to receive emails
Once above is done KTM RAC card will be posted to your home address

HTH Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi if its new from a dealer then all you get is an invoice. They will register it with KTM and soon you will start getting emails “ Welcome to Ktm” etc. The two year RAC cover is sent in the post with a credit card showing the bikes reg. This took about 10 days from the bike being delivered.

So in summary
No manuals or service book with a new bike
Supplying dealer MUST register your bike with KTM for you to receive emails
Once above is done KTM RAC card will be posted to your home address

HTH Steve
Brilliant thanks for the replies, it was brand new and it's good to know, emails and post should arrive, I will keep you updated and thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello 👋. back at you ! And Welcome…..

Did you swap privately…..or at a dealer ? From the fact you mention invoice: I’m guessing a dealer.

Have / are they no help at all ? If they didn’t have the paperwork - can they not chase the previous owner ? ***Seems such a nearly new bike to have all the paperwork go missing for 😳
It's was brand new and dealer not brilliant, but a lovely bike

·
Registered
908 Posts
Hey mate, welcome to the boards. Now that your pressing issue being addressed by the gentlemen, how's the transition from Scrambler to the Duke. What's not to like about both, and what's to like about both, what made you choose the Duke. We'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When it comes to moving bikes around the garage my 140 kg Duke is a pleasure. My F700GS (200kg) feels like the tyres are flat and ever so top heavy. Thing is before I bought the Duke the GS felt very manageable. Its a slippery slope, next stop a nifty 50cc :ROFLMAO:;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts