KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum. I just received my duke 390 yesterday. I am enjoying the bike although I am limiting it to 3000 rpm due to the run-in period.

My name is Srikanth Vrudhula. I am 42 years old. I am born on Feb 3, 1972.

Hope I could discuss my bike with all KTMians!

Thanks,
390lover.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can increase the RPM to 7500 for the run-in period as per the user manual, should be fine. Enjoy the bike, it is great fun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum. I just received my duke 390 yesterday. I am enjoying the bike although I am limiting it to 3000 rpm due to the run-in period.

My name is Srikanth Vrudhula. I am 42 years old. I am born on Feb 3, 1972.

Hope I could discuss my bike with all KTMians!

Thanks,
390lover.
Hi. Theres no need to baby the bike. You can safely go upto 7500 rpm like swannie_za mentioned for a proper run in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah I did 7500rpm run in, rid it like I stole it, no lingering in low revs in high gears, just worked there revs, after first service lifted it to 9000rpm, and it now goes like a demon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But doesn't it lead to less engine life with the 390¿?

Thanks,
390lover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have now raised it to 5000RPM and I am really enjoying its revs.

****..the engine is really really so rev-happy!

Thanks,
390lover.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Not a fan of Pirelli, another marketing company that has done very well. The Daytona came with Pirelli SuperCorsa SP, nice but they wont be going back on.

I have been fully impressed with my M5's the entire time, not once have they made me concerned about falling off just because of the tyre itself. I will probably put them back on when I replace or if I can get the right size Bridgestone Battlax because for my area they are perfect in the wet and fine in the dry

Heard good things about the road pilots so they are another option, never ran them myself so can only go off others. They are a big seller her in Oz, specially the 3's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Today, I went and asked them for metzeller tyres. Was very impressed with the looks and the soft compound by touching it. I just love it!

I think of buying it tomorrow or day after tomorrow!

Thanks for your help.

-390lover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts