KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone !
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest. Just put the deposit down on my new 390Duke, will pick her up next weekend.
Super excited ! Will be sniffing through the forum, please excuse any stupid questions.
If anybody has any tips to share about first time owners, please let me know. It's really appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings and welcome. Great to see you invested on a beautiful beast. Hands down the most exciting bike on its class. Specially the new 2021 models are equipped with class leading features and engine power. I my self picked up mine a month ago after using a 015 model for almost 7 years. You will love this bike.

Actually there are noting quite specific for a first time owners, just start the dam thing and ride the **** out of it. Haha!!

Make sure to ask your sales guy to take you through the features and all. Also do not forget to ask about the break in mile. Normally what i found out are different dealers have different break in miles, I don't know why but they do.

Once again a big congratulation and cheers mate!!

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Kimmymarshal !
From what I gathered here its about 600miles. To be honest, the dealership has so far only sold the Enduro/Motorcross versions of KTM. I think they are as excited as I am. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. They even gave me a great deal!
Will post some more down the road, cleaning up the garage, making a nice home !
Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, Kimmymarshal !
From what I gathered here its about 600miles. To be honest, the dealership has so far only sold the Enduro/Motorcross versions of KTM. I think they are as excited as I am. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. They even gave me a great deal!
Will post some more down the road, cleaning up the garage, making a nice home !
Cheers!
That's about right since where im from my dealer says its about 1000 km. Happy for you mate. Once you get on the bike and open the throttle you will feel like nothing else. The raw power and the ability to handle it like a bicycle is its main USP.

Merry Christmas mate :) Happy for you.

Ride safe!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
Dealers do not determine the break-in kilometres which are set at 1,000 km by KTM.
Until you've reached these there is a recommended maximum RPM's to stick to.

Greetings and welcome. Great to see you invested on a beautiful beast. Hands down the most exciting bike on its class. Specially the new 2021 models are equipped with class leading features and engine power. I my self picked up mine a month ago after using a 015 model for almost 7 years. You will love this bike.

Actually there are noting quite specific for a first time owners, just start the dam thing and ride the **** out of it. Haha!!

Make sure to ask your sales guy to take you through the features and all. Also do not forget to ask about the break in mile. Normally what i found out are different dealers have different break in miles, I don't know why but they do.

Once again a big congratulation and cheers mate!!

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, so the 600mile mark is about right., awesome !
Also saw yesterday that my Duke is equipped with Metzeler tires.

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
The fitted tyres is a matter of where you live (where the bike is supplied).
In Asia (Thailand/Malaysia) these come with Pirelli Rosso II tyres.

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thursday is the day hopefully !!!!!!!!!!!
It is funny looked at another dealer previously and the Duke had I want to say the Pirelli tires.
Going thorugh the forum finding the right parts to add. Glad I saw the thread about the crash bars !

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update, was not able to pick up my Duke, dealer took a testride about 30mins prior to pickup and put the duke down.....
Have to wait a week until the bike is fixed again...... At least came up with a name: "Earl" as in Duke of Earl;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update, was not able to pick up my Duke, dealer took a testride about 30mins prior to pickup and put the duke down.....
Have to wait a week until the bike is fixed again...... At least came up with a name: "Earl" as in Duke of Earl;)
Oh dang thats harsh! i hope everything is all right and the bike is also not that damaged. Also i hope "Earl" is fine too.... Waiting is always hard. I hope this time you manage to get your hand on.. Good Luck Bro!

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, using to time to create my parts wish list, ordering parts and think about things to do to the bike :) Already cleaned out the garage, everything is ready :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Perhaps they must have done something stupid while setting the valve clearance... I cannot be sure of course...

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They said the rear wheel spun out.... I am thinking maybe because the tires are brand new....

·
Registered
24 Posts
i hope they knocked a bit of cash off the price since they laid it down. but welcome to the madness. super fun bike to rip back roads on

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi SheepGoat,
yes they were really great about it ! No complaints there, it's also a small shop, owner+mechanic. Both felt really bad.
Even got a sweet deal on some powerparts :)

·
Registered
2021 KTM Duke 390
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First picture of "Earl"

Still need to find some solution for a small flyscreen and some turn-signal replacements, to get rid of those spears.
T-Rex Crash bars are in the mail :)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts