KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to Fellow Dukers,

I have been closely following this Forum for a long time now. Finally decided to join in to get to know more about my Duke and share some experiences!
I have been driving my Father's 1986 2-Stroke Kawasaki Bajaj KB100 RTZ (I am 1988 Born ) since I got my Driving licence. And now I am finally a proud owner of my first bike - The KTM Duke 390 (2014 "MidNight" Black)

P.S. I am from Bangalore, India , would love to meet Members from Banglore on short/long weekend rides here! :)

Cheers,
Dev

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Hey, hi there!
Welcome mate. Am older than you but my dad too had a KB100 back in the 90s.
Such a fantastic ride it was.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, hi there!
Welcome mate. Am older than you but my dad too had a KB100 back in the 90s.
Such a fantastic ride it was.
Yep, It sure was.... I do drive and maintain it.
Love to go for short grocery rides for the Pump it still has and the short gearing ofcourse! :)

welcome!

what is that cartoon called again? (in your avatar)
That was my Childhood Role model I guess... ;)

The Samurai Jack!

Best Sarcastic Humour and Honor the guy had! :D :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now thats an awesome first bike, good choice!
Were there any other bikes you were considering getting?
Yep, Sure it is... Just back from a short early morning ride on the Outer Ring Road... (Fun! :D)

It was time for me to buy my own vehicle and I wouldn't buy a Car as long as I am in Bangalore and since my childhood I had a craze for these 2-wheeled angry Naked Machines - Gasoline on top of a hot engine, open and all! ;) Had to buy meself a bike but had to get something that stands out and makes an impression Plus do the job i.e. Point A to Point B - I decide in what time I make it. :p

I was considering the Duke 200 after riding one of my Colleagues' last year. It was crazy. Redefined the term Sports bike in India I guess... During July 2013 I guess I heard the news about the Duke 390 and the 44 horses waiting to be unleashed :eek: that's when I had made up my mind... Had to wait long though to get it finally (i.e. March 30th 2014) (Was waiting for my yearly bonus! :p)
Till then it was a mad wait... Glued to each and every review online.... :p

Welcome to the madness Double D.
Thanks Dan... I was thinking of a nice name to come up with for my online avataar (couldn't figure out :D)... I think Me shall keep this one!
Yeah, Double D sounds good... :cool: :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts