KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia Ora, (hello). From Auckland NZ
Just recently ordered a 390 duke shame I have to wait till mid April for delivery
It's going to to be a long few months.
Have already ordered an evo tech tail tidy and k&N filter, plan is to do exhaust and PVC when available.
I'm from a dirt bike back ground and was initially going to purchase another wr450f and convert to full road use. Until I'm came across these bad boys! Bang for bucks brand new compare to a new wr450f and already road ready.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
welcome to the forum.
at least you'll have parts ready to go once it arrives, keep us posted on when your bike arrives and with new mods you pick up!

·
Registered
533 Posts
welcome aboard @Duked and congrats on the order!

I know that KTM is planning a supermoto based on Duke, but if you already have your order in i guess that doesn't matter LOL

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome Duked, eichon on here is from your side of the ditch. The que for waiting starts way back there :D 6 months I waited for mine......id like to say it gets easier the longer you wait but it doesnt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, funny story it's eichon you tube clips that got me hooked!. These machines also fit under nz lams scheme, which is perfect as I don't currently have a licence yet fortunately I've got a bit of a wait for the bike to get it sorted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Duked, good to find another Dorklander here.

Where have you ordered from and did you manage to get a test ride on the Duke yet?

bm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mate! Haha dorkanders are everywhere!
I have ordered from Boyd's in hamilton, did that on the 30/12/13. Traded my 2011 rmz as deposit. Didn't do a test ride they didn't have a demo in stock.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Boyd's sounds like a good choice, and four months isn't so bad to wait. The weather should still be okay too. Plenty of time to sort out your licence too.

bm

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kia Ora, (hello). From Auckland NZ
Just recently ordered a 390 duke shame I have to wait till mid April for delivery
It's going to to be a long few months.
Have already ordered an evo tech tail tidy and k&N filter, plan is to do exhaust and PVC when available.
I'm from a dirt bike back ground and was initially going to purchase another wr450f and convert to full road use. Until I'm came across these bad boys! Bang for bucks brand new compare to a new wr450f and already road ready.
Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't mind seeing how those mods will turn out for you especially once you get the pcv on.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, funny story it's eichon you tube clips that got me hooked!. These machines also fit under nz lams scheme, which is perfect as I don't currently have a licence yet fortunately I've got a bit of a wait for the bike to get it sorted.
Better hurry up and get a license :D

How long would the whole process take where you live?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Happy as **** right now!, tail tidy, k&n filter and arkapovic exhaust system have all arrived in the last two days, now I wish the bike would hurry up!.
Big thank you to eikon for pointing me in the right direction getting the arkapovic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts