KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Helmet that matches the black/orange/white of the 390 Duke?

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  GhosTHunT3R 
#1 ·
I got a really cheap helmet just to get started as none I really liked came in my size at the local store. Now that I have my license I want a new helmet ASAP.

I want one that matches or at least somewhat matches the black/orange/white colors of the 390 Duke as well as supports speakers.

I'd like both a clear and tinted drop down visor (even my cheap one has that) as I virtually always leave in the sun and come back at night.

#3 ·
One of the most important things with helmets is to find one that fits your particular head shape. Get the shape wrong, and you could be in a world of hurt, with pressure points causing pain and discomfort after extended wear. It's important that you try on a helmet both for size and shape, and you should really wear it for 20-30 minutes in the shop to see if there are any pressure points starting to cause issues.

Measuring the length and width of your noggin (as well as circumference) will get you a good start, but not all manufacturers shapes are exactly the same. A long oval in one brand may fit more like an intermediate oval in another brand. The majority of riders fit an intermediate-oval lid pretty well, but again, not all intermediate-oval helmets are the same.

Lighting Font Technology Electric blue Audio equipment

For me, I know that HJC helmets fit my head shape well, and their sizing is fairly consistent, so I've ordered their helmets online and they fit me great. If I was looking at a different brand, I would absolutely have to find one in a store to try on.

Once you have it narrowed down to brands/models that fit you well, most helmet manufacturers will have colour options and styles that will suit your needs.

Last thing - I always recommend people buy the best quality & highest rated helmet they can afford. Be frugal on other gear, if you have to, but don't scrimp on protecting that "rather crucial" lump on your shoulders...

My $0.02

#11 ·
Have since moved on to an AGV K5-S, colors do not match, but a better helmet for my head shape, bonus, it has a built in flip down tinted visor.....
Also have the K5 - room for headset inside and flip down tint as mentioned. Not a bad colour match for my 390 either. Most importantly, it fits properly and is comfy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.