KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. everyone own duke 200 2012......nice bike, so far just got stall issue ... 1500km on going

just for prevention about hot issue I'm prepare brand new fan 5,2 "Spall" puller, I check on the web many KTM "dirt bike" use this perfomance fan so when stock fan stop working or weakened I will replace :)

link:
Dettaglio motore assiale | Spal Italy

·
Registered
573 Posts
welcome to the forum

changing the fan wont cure the heat issue, installing a 3rd party heat management circuit will . the bigger fan wont have much effect. but timing on the fan will .. timing as when a certain temperature set in will activate the fan.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome to the forum

changing the fan wont cure the heat issue, installing a 3rd party heat management circuit will . the bigger fan wont have much effect. but timing on the fan will .. timing as when a certain temperature set in will activate the fan.
mostly fan failure because.....fan weakened or stop so not enough air to blow out radiator, why fan weakened because the fan motor can stand with the heat could be from engine or fan motor it self, more hotter more weaker of air blow

I have experienced this problem on the car frequently when using the fan motor is not the original or the second product which costs less

so all you need is performance fan which can stand with duke hot issue, I think timing is correct about 1 or 2 bar before HOT area fan will activate

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Welcome!
The fork oil seal leaking issue has been fixed by using a rubber sleeve on the oil seal region thereby shielding it from the dust which is the reason for it going kaput.

·
Registered
573 Posts
question ... can the 5,2 "
Spal 30103011 5 2’’ Fan Pull | eBay

fit nicely on 390 ? i'm game to get one ....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yah ... give us some field report on the new fan and the NGK too ... :D:D:D
yes sure my friend, btw for ngk here they had been used NGK LKAR8A-9 (INDOC Indonesian Duke Owner Club) you can find them on Facebook, and the result it's ok

this picture of spal fan......from here 3 mounting same as duke stock, the fan motor same too for exactly measurement I get from spal web same too :)

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
cool .. once the new fan sets in .. let us know the findings ;)

yes sure my friend, btw for ngk here they had been used NGK LKAR8A-9 (INDOC Indonesian Duke Owner Club) you can find them on Facebook, and the result it's ok

this picture of spal fan......from here 3 mounting same as duke stock, the fan motor same too for exactly measurement I get from spal web same too :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cool .. once the new fan sets in .. let us know the findings ;)
Hi again...at last I decide to replace stock fan, cause getting weakened day after day when through traffic jam here in Jakarta temp gauge show 11 bar never go down even fan motor on, ok let see the picture

found stock fan socket different, just need change it's ok no problem , stock fan 1800 km weakened look like just because bearing and brush, replace both parts this fan will work again :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts