KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking your time in reading this post. I have a 2020 Ktm Duke. Enjoying it so far and loving everything about it. I have multiple reason that lead me to the decision of swapping the exhaust, air filter, air lid and piggyback ECU for the bike in the near future and I was looking for some advice. I know that it might be a stupid Idea and maybe keeping the stock one is better because it's better engineered and all of that stuff that I have read plenty everywhere, but I have multiple reasons that lead me to this conclusion. This to say, please don't tell me not to do this, I know it can be stupid, thank you.

I already got the COOBER Air Lid which is coming in soon.
I already got a K&N filter to replace the stock one.

For the Exhaust, I don't want something super loud (don't want to be too much of a pain for people next to me), but still want to be able to hear it myself. I like deep sounding exhausts and was looking at either the Yoshimura one (either the Alpha T or the R77 the cheaper one) or the Austin Racing one. I know they are pretty close in performance increase but I was wondering if you guys have ever seen/heard any of them. In addition to that, I also wanted to know what do you guys recommend for what I am looking for as I'm fairly new to this market.

For the piggyback ECU, I am starting to look into them these days, so any advice is welcome.

Lastly, if any of you guys ride in New Jersey (USA) hit me up, I am looking for riding buddies if you are down :)

Thank you all so much for your time and hope to read from you all soon!

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
I can't help you out exhaust wise as my Duke's are first-gen's and I have tried an Ixil Hyperlow on the 200 (switched back to the OEM pot and a MIVV Ghibli for the 390.
On the piggyback front, the forum sponsor has a special 25% off on Bazzaz (regular price USD 350) with the discount code Forum25
These guys are USA based so why not give them a call?
On my 2 Dukes I run PowerTRONIC with a QS (upshift) on the 390
I think the thing to look for is a piggyback that controls ignition as well as fuel.
The forum sponsor may even be helpful to you on the choice of the exhaust.
Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
For piggyback units, the RapidBike Evo Exclusive (Exclusive version only works on Duke/RC) piggyback is IMO the best option for street riding, it auto-tunes and makes constant adjustments for weather, elevation, and additional mods w/o having to re-tune. It modulates the o2 sensor info to the stock ECU in real time even in the "closed loop" (low throttle/rpm) section. Makes for a much smoother ride all around, and still very aggressive if you beat on it like I do.

If doing Track Days or racing of any sort, the PowerTronic + a dyno tune may be a better option, gives you the option to raise the rev limit (12k OTB, and up to 15k (requires a built motor and heavy valve springs for 15k)), has built in traction control (haven't messed with this yet). Plus their quickshifter is MUCH cheaper than the RB Evo QS add on if you want to add one later.

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
Great you have been running both, one of the few.

For piggyback units, the RapidBike Evo Exclusive (Exclusive version only works on Duke/RC) piggyback is IMO the best option for street riding, it auto-tunes and makes constant adjustments for weather, elevation, and additional mods w/o having to re-tune. It modulates the o2 sensor info to the stock ECU in real time even in the "closed loop" (low throttle/rpm) section. Makes for a much smoother ride all around, and still very aggressive if you beat on it like I do.

If doing Track Days or racing of any sort, the PowerTronic + a dyno tune may be a better option, gives you the option to raise the rev limit (12k OTB, and up to 15k (requires a built motor and heavy valve springs for 15k)), has built in traction control (haven't messed with this yet). Plus their quickshifter is MUCH cheaper than the RB Evo QS add on if you want to add one later.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I went with Rapid Bike EVO exclusive so I could fit Tyga header and older model silencers ( cheaper and wider variety available sh on ebay ) .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you so much for this. I will look into the RapidBike Evo Exclusive since I don't do track for the time being. Thank you so much! Any advice on the exhaust?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you so much for this. I will look into the RapidBike Evo Exclusive since I don't do track for the time being. Thank you so much! Any advice on the exhaust?
I run the LeoVince LV One Evo on my 2016, it's LOUD AF w/o the db killer!!! Makes good power though, so the sound doesn't bother me. Not sure about pipe options for the 20's though. I may snatch the pipe off my bike and try to fit it to my friends 19 soon, he loves it and wants the same 1 on his if it fits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run the LeoVince LV One Evo on my 2016, it's LOUD AF w/o the db killer!!! Makes good power though, so the sound doesn't bother me. Not sure about pipe options for the 20's though. I may snatch the pipe off my bike and try to fit it to my friends 19 soon, he loves it and wants the same 1 on his if it fits.
Thank you for this. Yeah, I don't want it to be super loud, but I want to be able to hear it, so I would probably leave the db killer on. I also have read not great reviews about the LeoVince, that's why I kinda excluded it and shifted towards Yoshimura or Austin Racing. Do you have a piggyback ECU?

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
Hi JohanAngel,

Make 100% sure though you are buying an original though.
There is so much garbage imitation pipes out on the e-shopping platforms exhaust-wise.
Just read that Coober is also doing an exhaust on the second-gen 390's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi JohanAngel,

Make 100% sure though you are buying an original though.
There is so much garbage imitation pipes out on the e-shopping platforms exhaust-wise.
Just read that Coober is also doing an exhaust on the second-gen 390's.
Yeah, I won't try to cheap out, I was planning on that thank you though. I'm looking to do these mods in the next few weeks so I need to make a decision probably before they come out with one but I'll keep an eye out for it. Thank you :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
The one I run is no longer made or at least I can't find it anymore.
This Suono silencer has a power increase of 1.1bhp (8,800rpm) and a torque increase of 1.7Nm (7,100rpm).
The weight is the same though.
The cheaper ones in their range M2 Inox does .8bhp (8,900rpm) and 1.9Nm (7,100) and is almost 1 kg lighter.

I prefer the tone of the Suono in the sound clip.

Well, the place where I bought the bike actually is the retailer for northeast US which is great hahaha. The sound is pretty crisp but I need to compare the performance (not that it matters too much hahaha) why did you pick that to share, do you like it particulatly?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you for this. Yeah, I don't want it to be super loud, but I want to be able to hear it, so I would probably leave the db killer on. I also have read not great reviews about the LeoVince, that's why I kinda excluded it and shifted towards Yoshimura or Austin Racing. Do you have a piggyback ECU?
Yes, I was running the RB EVO since I bought the bike with 2500 miles on it (just over 5k now), it works flawlessly. Just recently switched to the PowerTronic unit since I and a few buddies are going to the track to play around on them soon. 1 guy already had the PowerTronic, so the rest of us had to get on a level playing field, LOL. Now the only real difference between the bikes are different exhausts and the rider. Should be great fun!

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
Nice job, I hope you've got the QS as well, will give you just that little advantage on the track ;)

Yes, I was running the RB EVO since I bought the bike with 2500 miles on it (just over 5k now), it works flawlessly. Just recently switched to the PowerTronic unit since I and a few buddies are going to the track to play around on them soon. 1 guy already had the PowerTronic, so the rest of us had to get on a level playing field, LOL. Now the only real difference between the bikes are different exhausts and the rider. Should be great fun!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice job, I hope you've got the QS as well, will give you just that little advantage on the track ;)
PT says they all have the QS capability now, but I cannot see paying that much for "their" sensor. I have a Healtech QS sensor on my Grom I am going to test on it to see if it works, it looks identical to the PT sensor except the plug, which can be hard wired If it works, that sensor is only $84 shipped ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts