KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I own a 2020 390 Adventure

From a long time now i am experiencing unstable idling, at cursing speeds the bike runs absolutely fine

Only during Idle and at lower speeds when the clutch is pulled the RPM goes very low and eventually bike shuts down

RPM goes as low as 1k

I managed to click a picture of the RPM going low

Is there something that I can do to fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
This sounds like an air leak in the air intake side.
Can be a cracked air filter housing or any of the hoses split or lose.
How many kilometers done?
I was thinking the same.. you could get up under there and spray a little starting fluid or something combustible that won’t make a huge mess and see if the idle picks up. I remember my pops teaching me this old trick. If there is a non visible crack, the increase in RPM will tell you there is one somewhere

·
Registered
875 Posts
This sounds like an air leak in the air intake side.
Can be a cracked air filter housing or any of the hoses split or lose.
How many kilometers done?
I was thinking the same.. you could get up under there and spray a little starting fluid or something combustible that won’t make a huge mess and see if the idle picks up. I remember my pops teaching me this old trick. If there is a non visible crack, the increase in RPM will tell you there is one somewhere
Hey guys!

I own a 2020 390 Adventure

From a long time now i am experiencing unstable idling, at cursing speeds the bike runs absolutely fine

Only during Idle and at lower speeds when the clutch is pulled the RPM goes very low and eventually bike shuts down

RPM goes as low as 1k

I managed to click a picture of the RPM going low

Is there something that I can do to fix it?
KTMasean and Dirty_Duke from the image above he's posted, I can infer from the dash the bike has clocked 25051 KMS or 15565.97 miles. I would suggest to inspect your air filter and inspect your throttle body for carbon build up. I would strongly recommend you clean your throttle body, replace your air filter and make sure your fuel filter is replaced. Perhaps this can solve your issue, start off with the rudiments and let us know how it progresses.

Good luck.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Injector cleaner + always good fuel new spark plug and if problem remains go to dealer. Mine idles at 1500 and not so stable also. I will post a video so that you can compare

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts