KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone, I realized looking at the tank that the coolant level is below the minimum, I have traveled about 11 thousand km, as an ignorant on the subject I want to ask what is the right thing to do.
Is it possible to add coolant to bring it to the correct level or do I have to replace it all by emptying it by washing with distilled water and then adding the coolant?
Also I wanted to ask you if you need to add the liquid only to the tank with the level indicators "see photo" or also by opening the radiator caps?
last thing on the booklet it says to use Motorex Coolant 3.0 but the liquid I have now is green so I don't know what to do.

Helmet Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
2017 KTM DUKE 390
103 Posts
Good evening everyone, I realized looking at the tank that the coolant level is below the minimum, I have traveled about 11 thousand km, as an ignorant on the subject I want to ask what is the right thing to do.
Is it possible to add coolant to bring it to the correct level or do I have to replace it all by emptying it by washing with distilled water and then adding the coolant?
Also I wanted to ask you if you need to add the liquid only to the tank with the level indicators "see photo" or also by opening the radiator caps?
last thing on the booklet it says to use Motorex Coolant 3.0 but the liquid I have now is green so I don't know what to do.

View attachment 55107
Is it possible to add coolant to bring it to the correct level or do I have to replace it all by emptying it by washing with distilled water and then adding the coolant
- Yes you can add Coolant directly to the reservoir.

- you can add do the resevor to top it off.

- for now I would stick to the same type of engine Coolant. When you do your next servicing you can then switch back to normal Coolant.

·
Registered
2017 390 Duke
1 Posts
I would discourage you from opening the radiator cap just to add fluid to the radiator unless the radiator is known to be low. The radiator reservoir is physical above the radiator and directly feeds to the radiator through a port in the neck of the radiator. If you open the radiator cap, the fluid will flow down from the reservoir under gravity. However, once radiator is topped off, it will overflow and make a mess.

If you just top off the reservoir, then after a couple of heating and cooling cycles the coolant system will purge any air out and pull in coolant from reservoir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts