KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am booking the duke 390 on monday from guwahati, Assam, India. They said i have to wait for 1 month. I live in Agartala, Tripura, India. In my state there is no dealer of KTM so i have to buy it from guwahati. The reason am writing is that i won't be able to go to any service center for servicing.
And if I don't carry out the servicing from KTM workshops my motorcycle's warranty will be void. Are there any solution so that the warranty doesnot get void???
PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's nothing you can do about it brother! You should find a competent KTM/Bajaj authorized service center to get your vehicle serviced, not only for the sake of warranty but also for the sake of quality of service which is proportional to the longevity of your ownership!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Am booking the duke 390 on monday from guwahati, Assam, India. They said i have to wait for 1 month. I live in Agartala, Tripura, India. In my state there is no dealer of KTM so i have to buy it from guwahati. The reason am writing is that i won't be able to go to any service center for servicing.
And if I don't carry out the servicing from KTM workshops my motorcycle's warranty will be void. Are there any solution so that the warranty doesnot get void???
PLEASE HELP!!
My oh my! that's close to 500 KMS and my nearest SVC is 100 KM one way so that's 200 KMS just to service my bike, but that's doable in a single day without a fuss, but 500 well, boy that equates to doing a saddlesore.

That being said, yes you WILL void your warranty if you can't get it properly serviced at the right time. As long as the bike is fine, without any glitches you're on the safe side, but if you bike "does" get any sort of trouble, your service issue will pop and the bill will be directed towards your humble pockets.

So I'd suggest you look for a better alternative to the D390 else, if you can handle the situation, then go for it.

Ride safe!

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
There's nothing you can do about it brother! You should find a competent KTM/Bajaj authorized service center to get your vehicle serviced, not only for the sake of warranty but also for the sake of quality of service which is proportional to the longevity of your ownership!
sadly you're right, in the OP's case there's really nothing he can do. might be time to look into getting a bike from a different brand

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

@Added_Flavor best advice, always best to make sure you can indeed access services to help you maintain your new vehicle.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
PLEASE HELP!!
It is really going to be difficult for you to run around for what could possibly be small issues. But if you are really passionate about this bike and dont mind going the extra mile(literally), it is not an impossible task.
The service intervals are pretty well spaced and it would be a nice ride down to the service center :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts