KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody ! I'm so so new in motorcycling. I rode some bikes couple of times like Transalp (just once) and Ducati Monster 600. I'm wondering about my first bike. I'm planning to buy KTM DUKE. Started in my head with 200 but i fell in love with 390. So Duke390 is a good choice for a first bike ?

Thank you in advance all of you.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A 200 would be more ideal for a newbie but if you really want the 390, go for it. just know that you really need to be extra mindful of riding that being a newb

·
Registered
209 Posts
I normally don't recommend anything bigger than a 250cc for a newbie. However, the ABS and the grippier tires would make a D390 a better choice over the D200 for a rockie in spite of the more powerful engine. Just don't full throttle the first 100 kms and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you should be fine. The 390s throttle tube has quite a bit of travel from what some of our members have related, so despite the extra power it wont be as snatchy as one might expect...

Welcome to the boards BTW!

·
Registered
178 Posts
While the 200 would probably get recommended for a new rider before the 390, I think the 390 is still in a range that makes sense for a new rider. I wouldn't recommend going up to something that was closer to 500, but 390 should be fine.

Once you spend some time on the bike and aren't a newbie any more, you'll probably be happy to have a bit more power to play around with anyway.

·
Registered
817 Posts
You've ridden the Trans Alp and Monster 600 so the 390 will be no probs for you. Beleive it or not the 200 actually has more poke (accelaration) than the 390 so of the 2 your better off getting the 390.
Good luck with your decision and purchase ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
nothing wrong with starting on the DUke 390

best thing is to finish your training/riders course

and go sit on a 390 to see if you feel comfortable on it or like how it feels

·
Registered
14 Posts
welcome!
i am newbie too....
enjoy your ride..

p/s: to all members, apologize for my absence. was too **** busy with work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts