KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Purchased my Duke 390 10 days ago, via a charming Filipino couple who ordered the bike from Granstar Pasig Manila, but decided not to fully purchase the bike as they had bought a Gs 650 instead.

So met them at the Granstar office (Shaw Blvd) paid and then we went to the warehouse a few blocks away. After paperwork made out in my name and zero KM on the clock I rode it away! Managed to get a good discount 275K PHP rather than current price 289K PHP.

As I live in Pampanga (north of Manila) I wanted to ride along the expressway, as you all know 373cc is the correct displacement but the paperwork says 400cc, so it's allowed, fantastic.

Obviously I was nervous at first but was very careful with the throttle, so Shaw Blvd was fine and I immediately realised how easy it was to ride, balanced, planted, and easily controlled. After Shaw came the dreaded EDSA (for people who dont know - EDSA is easily one of the most congested multi lane inter-city highways I have have been on) but I quickly realised the duke was a dream in traffic and most of the crazy drivers even gave me space.

On the expressway I kept the speed to 70-100km/h keep out of the way of traffic but I soon got tired (different riding position than my XR200 trail bike plus my hands were killing me)! So a quick stop was required but even so I made it home in about 100 mins (I would expect 3 hours in a car due to congestion in Manila).

Since then I have been out most days between the rain and connot fault it yet. Two days ago I took it to Motorino San Fernando Pampanga and changed the oil plus had new grips fitted (softer rubber equals less vibration).

So far I am very happy!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, great intro! Enjoy the madness, watch out for that one over there......he bites ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome south craven!

We have a lot in common! My bike was 2nd hand as well and my previous bike was the XLR model. :D Enjoy your new bike!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not secondhand, original people never took possession, they only paid the deposit. When i rode it out of the shop it had zero miles and my name on all the papers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi southcraven congrats on your duke!! i am from manila..we have a trackday on july 6 at clark international speedway you can drop by and meet fellow dukers.. this is exclusive for duke 200/390 only..see ya!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
hi southcraven congrats on your duke!! i am from manila..we have a trackday on july 6 at clark international speedway you can drop by and meet fellow dukers.. this is exclusive for duke 200/390 only..see ya!!
welcome to the forum.

Make sure to post pictures of that event here, i'd love to see what the KTM scene is like down in manila.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome and great to hear of your initial riding experience in Metro Manila. I am looking forward to purchasing a Duke 390 in either Davao City or Cagayan De Oro, Mindanao, as I live in Bohol. After hearing of your city driving experience, I feel more confident about taking delivery in Davao and riding through the hills of Bukidnon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts