KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

Hi from South Australia

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  HazardousDuke 
#1 ·
Hi, Scoupy here from South Australia, bought my 2014 duke 390 new about 2 months ago, have now done just over 1000kms

Been riding for about 5 years, bikes so far have included

2x Suzuki Across
Yamaha Virago
Kawasaki ZZR250
Kawasaki ZXR750

and now my Duke

I mainly just use my bikes for commuting too and from work (about 8km each way) and the 390 seemed like the perfect bike for what I want.

Love the bike, bought it without even test riding it, just based on reviews on the net, and a quick look through this site

Decided not to mod until I got to my 1000km service, have now purchased a Evotech tail tidy, so will try and get that fitted shortly

As much as i like the bike, theres still a few things i dont like, so will work through them, and find solutions, but overall its a great bike, great bang for buck, and still manages to put a smile on my face

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes, definitely already topics on my issues. So far, only issues i have are preferences, like the throttle being way too long, almost consider it dangerous position to have your wrist if opening her right op through some twisties. Also during the first few hundred kilometres, on 3-4 occassions i had the bike stall during over run, twice in the middle of an intersection, but that has not occurred since about 400kms.

The other issue I have is that the high beam is absolutely useless, went for a ride about an hour in to the hills, intending on riding back later that night, then realised that at 110kmh the highbeam has the power of a cheap candle, absolutely useless at higher speeds, and with plenty of kangaroos in the middle of the road at night, it would be too late when i actually notice them. Luckily I had family with a property close by, so ended up staying there til morning. Would love to find a better option for the headlight.

Over all though, still love the bike, and im sure i can find alternate options for the issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.