KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

While trying to sell my 2016 390, the bike unfortunately sat for a few weeks without being ridden or turned on (I know, rookie mistake).
As a result, the battery died due to the 3rd party alarm system that is hooked up and always on. After attempting to jump start the bike, when turning the key I was met with the coolant temperature gauge being all the way up, and the fuel gauge being completely empty.
Now this doesn't make sense as the bike has been sitting in a cool environment with a full take for a while. A video on youtube suggested that this is due to the battery being dead, and that a replacement should solve the trick.
I replaced the battery, the bike turned on to accessory mode with no problems, yet the message/gauges remain: "High Temp, No Fuel."
With this the ignition wont turn on the bike, any suggestions??

·
Registered
761 Posts
Probably a faulty coolant temperature sensor is what I am thinking. What you can do is, disconnect the coolant temperature sensor near the cylinder head with blue clips, try cranking the bike and see if she starts fine. If she does, then you know what the culprit is. If she doesn't, connect the bike to the diag and clear error codes, if any, and see what happens next.

Cheers!
VJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts