KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently bought a preowned 2017 duke 390. Best bike ever imo. However, I find that the fuel consumption is rather high. Im averaging around 20km/l. My low fuel light will turn on at 180ish km.When i went to refuel, Im refueling 10.5l. Full tank I’ve gone slightly less than 210km. Is this normal? Anyway i can improve it? I’ve done fuel injector cleaning & throttle body cleaning. Previous owner did valve clearance. The bike is fully stock too, I dont see any power commander or piggy back ecus connecting to it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, recently bought a preowned 2017 duke 390. Best bike ever imo. However, I find that the fuel consumption is rather high. Im averaging around 20km/l. My low fuel light will turn on at 180ish km.When i went to refuel, Im refueling 10.5l. Full tank I’ve gone slightly less than 210km. Is this normal? Anyway i can improve it? I’ve done fuel injector cleaning & throttle body cleaning. Previous owner did valve clearance. The bike is fully stock too, I dont see any power commander or piggy back ecus connecting to it.
Just check the fi(fuel injector) pressure.. could be a faulty fi.. but 20km/l is decent for duke 390.. i don’t know if you ride hard.. but that could be the case

· Registered
865 Posts
That's around 56mpg, a little less than the 63mpg l got from my new 390 Duke, but depends how you are riding it.
I didn't thrash mine, just rode at "normal" speeds and never troubled the red line.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm on a 2021 and I get 28km/l. So I'd say something seems wrong.

For reference I'm at sea level (Singapore) with 95 RON pure gas, always Caltex. Stating that as it's important, prior to living here I got horrible milage in California and it took me awhile to realize it was due to the ethanol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts