KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here do serious miles on their 390?

Mine is approaching 8000ks after about 10 months of ownership,

I am contemplating keeping it for 5 years or so and then handing it down to my son when he gets his license so I'm interested to see how many K's people have clocked up on their Duke's and any issues the high milage has caused them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
lol only 250kms in 4 months :D, but in my defense, I do FIFO work, so I am barely home.... plus I only got plates for it 4 weeks ago (and I am still not legally allowed to ride it here in Vietnam since I dont have a Viet lic).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking into the history of high mileage KTM's will be worth checking out, following that trend and applying it here for now should help.
Given the engine is built by Bajaj I don't think KTM's past history really applies, also even with Jap manufacturers high mileage reliability can vary from model to model so I'm looking for Duke specific info. ;)

Surely 13,000ks can't be the highest Kilometre Duke on the forum?

·
Registered
58 Posts
you can if clocked kms is less

Does anyone here do serious miles on their 390?

Mine is approaching 8000ks after about 10 months of ownership,

I am keeping it for 5 years or so and then handing it down to my son when he gets his license so I'm interested to see how many K's people have clocked up on their Duke's and any issues the high milage has caused them.
Since your clocking is 8k in 10 months i would think it would be ok to hand it down to your son if he he is getting licence in another 2yrs time.

or else exchange it for next better model at that time... :)

I have covered 9k km in 6 months.
and now in search for replacement rear tyre (Metzeler).

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Since many of KTM's high output dirt bikes require routine overhauls (though not as frequently as other manufacturers) due to piston/cylinder wear it's hard to speculate just how long these engines will go. I'd expect some reduction in engine life for dusty/high temperature climates if used for commuting or daily use, ditto for "tropical". Regular compression testing annually will be the only way to forecast longevity with any degree of accuracy I believe...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know RickyDuke (member on here) has over 25,000 kms on his. He just sold it to his brother in law or something (the sly ******* bought a brand new Triumph Daytona R, I'm jealous).

The one time I rode his, it was smoother than mine (at 6,700 kms).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Since your clocking is 8k in 10 months i would think it would be ok to hand it down to your son if he he is getting licence in another 2yrs time.

or else exchange it for next better model at that time... :)

I have covered 9k km in 6 months.
and now in search for replacement rear tyre (Metzeler).
i would say go for the diablo rossi II but i see you live in india .. go for pirelli mt60 :)

·
Read Only
685 Posts
so am I winning at over 23,000mi? And does it still count even though my engine was replaced 8,000mi ago? Almost at 2 years of riding this bike (and now I have 3 others), started at 8500mi used.
Same story here! Our bikes must have been built (defectively) one right after another... I have 21K miles on the bike and replaced the motor after 13K miles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts