KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for a horn upgrade, Im think something with a deeper and louder tone. Today, had a car crossing lanes, hit the horn as had a feeling they were going to come too far, they still didnt hear me, and ran me off the road. There are stupid drivers out there who dont look, even when we position ourselves to be seen, and then theres some who chose not to listen too....

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
:eek: MAN !!! DUDE TAKE CARE !! I WOULD SUGGEST ROOTS NICE DEEP TONE HORN YOU HAVE THAT HORN ON THE SKODA LAURA AND VW JETTA !!! ITS NICE AND DEEP AND GIVES YOU A EUROPEAN FEELING TOO:p
hahah you know it, it might piss off a bunch of people in the process but at least you know they are aware you're around

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I think you are talking about Stebel horns. IMO, its too loud for city use and surely WILL piss people off :)

·
Banned
79 Posts
@Sid stebel horns are indeed very very loud . . They sound like 16. Wheeler semi trucks .. When you honk with these horns they scare the shift outta others. . Roots is a fairly decent sounding product in that matter . . Not too loud not absurd either . . After all you wanna let others acknowledge your presence and not irritate them with it . .:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the Stebel Tm80 red cap low tone 133dB 410Hz cheap loud & a straight swap on a lot of machines :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry don't know as not got a Duke yet but if you have a picture of the original horn in the Duke then will be able to tell :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts