KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Please help me out here. I am shopping for a brand new 2019 Duke 390. They have me at 5,999 OTD. I believe is a bit high based on postings here. I am buying it in Orlando, FL. Tax is 6.5%. NO trade in or anything. They are giving me 0% financing for the first 6months and then 1.99 for 5 years. Obviously, financing is great. I paid a $200 deposit to reserve it. However, after reading some treads here I feel is a bad deal for 6K OTD. What you guys think?

VR,
JG

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bad deal for a 2019. Should be about 3999-4499$

This is where I purchased mine. They have two left for this price

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bad deal for a 2019. Should be about 3999-4499$

This is where I purchased mine. They have two left for this price

The price is $5,999 Out the door with title, tags, freight, and taxes. Basically the bottom line price you pay for the bike including everything. Their base price is about $4565. Obviously, when you throw everything else it adds to almost 6K. My gut feeling tells me this price is inflated and should be no less than $5,500 at the most. Taxes in FL are 6.5%.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ask them how many bikes they expect to sell under current conditions . Sales here in UK are very low due to travel restrictions social distancing etc dealers shut down etc . Second hand bikes on ebay not reaching usual prices . Make them a sensible offer leave the ball in their court and be patient .

·
Registered
141 Posts
In Ohio when I bought my 2017 KTM Duke new I paid 4700 out the door tax title freight all of it. This was including Helmet (200ish dollars). Sales tax in Ohio is 7.5%. Financing was .99% for full loan term. I'd go else where or press for better deal.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Let me rephrase this. 4565$ + 6.5% (296.72) = 4861.72 so does 6000$ out the door seem like too much money to you? Of course you need to add in your states’ title, registration and the document fee at the dealer. Still too much money.
Also, adding in the huge (700-800$) destination charge that KTM seems to expect dealers to collect is not valid.

For comparison I paid 4999$ out the door, at the dealer which I posted the link above, in August 2019. Now the same bike (2019 D390) is 4499$ out the door.

There are other KTM dealers out there to deal with. The closest to you is not always the best/least expensive, but may be the most convenient. I drove 500 miles to purchase mine.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi guys,

Please help me out here. I am shopping for a brand new 2019 Duke 390. They have me at 5,999 OTD. I believe is a bit high based on postings here. I am buying it in Orlando, FL. Tax is 6.5%. NO trade in or anything. They are giving me 0% financing for the first 6 months and then 1.99 for 5 years. Obviously, financing is great. I paid a $200 deposit to reserve it. However, after reading some treads here I feel is a bad deal for 6K OTD. What you guys think?

VR,
JG
A year ago (spring of 2019) I bought a brand new (mileage) 2018 for $5800 OTD (in PA with 6% sales tax) $0 down.

So while you a seem "a little high" ..its only a little.

people see these $4600 prices and forget about tax,tags titles and all the other stuff.

PS with your extra .5% sales tax... i think you are actually spot on now that I think about it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The finance deal offered to the O/P is a very good one and l guess you can’t have both.

Lower purchase price or cheap finance.

·
Registered
593 Posts
There was some sort of promotion going on around that time, there’s no way on earth you’d get one at that price now.
After a lot of searching and negotiating l bought a new one in 2019 for £4,200
There was one dealer offering new pre registered 2018 ones at £3,799 but l missed out on that.

·
Registered
523 Posts
When you take the interest free financing, it cuts out the rebates and a lot of other incentives that the dealers use to lower the price and be competitive. I paid full sticker for mine, but got 0% financing for five years.

If you're worried about the price, agree on a base price you think is fair and then insist on a breakdown of any extra charges. I went through mine and got them to cut the setup fee in half. It was only a couple of hundred, but it made me feel better at least.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I didn’t realize that it is financing specials or pricing specials. Doesn’t seem fair but it is their rules. I thought everyone paid cash for motorcycles that are this cheap. If I had the need or room/space I would’ve purchased a 2019 rc390 during the winter season when I saw them down to 3999$ out the door. No track nearby to have fun with a bike like that. Enjoy the upright posture of the Duke at my age.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I didn’t realize that it is financing specials or pricing specials. Doesn’t seem fair but it is their rules. I thought everyone paid cash for motorcycles that are this cheap. If I had the need or room/space I would’ve purchased a 2019 rc390 during the winter season when I saw them down to 3999$ out the door. No track nearby to have fun with a bike like that. Enjoy the upright posture of the Duke at my age.

I had planned to pay cash....but when they are giving away 0%APR...why not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up mine yesterday. listed at 3999. after working some numbers got it out the door for about 5180. I personally thought that was pretty good. bought it from Cycle sport Yamaha KTM in Hobart Indiana.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just purchased my 2019 for $4770 OTD a few weeks ago. I then paid an additional DMV charge of $130 for license and registration ($4900 total). I used the 1.99% offer for five years they gave me. No reason to give them my money when I can use theirs. I would’ve waited longer if I wasn’t in the market for the orange color. They only had a couple left and I really wanted that color. Otherwise, I would’ve waited since they had five white ones on the floor and I’m sure the price is going to be dropping in the next few months. I also didn’t want wait too long since I live in a snow state in Reno, Nevada and I didn’t want to have only a month or two to ride before it turns cold again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No one knows what’s going to happen but I red an article here in the UK that said houses and cars could drop by 20% after all this that been the case and the fact that you can’t really look or buy a lot at the moment I’ve cancelled my new car to re order it when this is all over if what they predict is correct that will be an £8000 saving. I’ve been looking at a 790 we may all make massive savings if we wait. I feel really bad about saying this in the current situation but let’s hope some good out of all this bad.
Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys,

Please help me out here. I am shopping for a brand new 2019 Duke 390. They have me at 5,999 OTD. I believe is a bit high based on postings here. I am buying it in Orlando, FL. Tax is 6.5%. NO trade in or anything. They are giving me 0% financing for the first 6months and then 1.99 for 5 years. Obviously, financing is great. I paid a $200 deposit to reserve it. However, after reading some treads here I feel is a bad deal for 6K OTD. What you guys think?

VR,
JG
JG, I bought mine brand new, a 2019 near Pittsburgh, PA in October and the listed price was $4,200, they then added a destination charge and so forth and it ended up right around $5000. I would never pay close to $6000 because you can pretty much get a Ninja 650 with more power, an upright seating position like the duke and the Kawasaki quality to boot. Good Luck, Jeff

·
Registered
226 Posts
JG, I bought mine brand new, a 2019 near Pittsburgh, PA in October and the listed price was $4,200, they then added a destination charge and so forth and it ended up right around $5000. I would never pay close to $6000 because you can pretty much get a Ninja 650 with more power, an upright seating position like the duke and the Kawasaki quality to boot. Good Luck, Jeff

If we are talking new im pretty sure Ninja 650s are north of $7k

·
Registered
59 Posts
Picked mine up last February, dealer in Fulton, NY. $5102 OTD. Just now realized they applied the $800 rebate after taxes. Is that normal?! Sorta tees me off, but whatever. Here's the breakdown:

Sale price: ................... $5300
Tax: ................................$424
Dealer's fee: ....................$75
Registration/inspection: ..$98
Tire tax: .............................$5
Rebate: ...................... - $800
TOTAL: ........................$5102

1 - 20 of 27 Posts