KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to completely disable the PowerTronic rev extender.

I contacted RD support, and they suggested, using the R-tune app, within the config tab, set the Standalone Mode Trigger RPM and Limiter at RPM to 13000

After I set that, while riding on 5th gear, when I went 100% to shift to the 6th, using the quickshifter, I still felt that something was trying to pull it back.

I'm looking to completely disable that option. Any idea?

·
Registered
147 Posts
R-tune "app"? You mean the PC program? That's the only way I know of adjusting the rev limit, not sure it can be turned off though. Feels like it hits a wall while accelerating at WOT above 9k? If so, mine is doing the same, I have added fuel from about 8k @ 80%+ throttle to the map, feels better but still struggles at high RPM. After doing much research, I fear the stock injector is unable to keep up (reports say it is maxed out @ 80%+ throttle above 8000 rpm), and I am actually looking to upgrade it as soon as I can find 1 that does not cost $200.....

edit:
Forgot to mention.... I also contacted PT about mine. Saved and sent them the map, they said turn off the QS because that may cause it (have sensor but it is not installed) to see if it helped, that did nothing. And I was messing with the Stand Alone Trigger setting, it got a little better on mine by lowering the rpm, I think it was originally 9300 and I set it to 9000.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you read this guys post on the RC forum, he is the one that claims the stock injector is 100% duty cycle @ 3/4 throttle....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
R-tune "app"? You mean the PC program? That's the only way I know of adjusting the rev limit, not sure it can be turned off though. Feels like it hits a wall while accelerating at WOT above 9k? If so, mine is doing the same, I have added fuel from about 8k @ 80%+ throttle to the map, feels better but still struggles at high RPM. After doing much research, I fear the stock injector is unable to keep up (reports say it is maxed out @ 80%+ throttle above 8000 rpm), and I am actually looking to upgrade it as soon as I can find 1 that does not cost $200.....

edit:
Forgot to mention.... I also contacted PT about mine. Saved and sent them the map, they said turn off the QS because that may cause it (have sensor but it is not installed) to see if it helped, that did nothing. And I was messing with the Stand Alone Trigger setting, it got a little better on mine by lowering the rpm, I think it was originally 9300 and I set it to 9000.
Thanks for sharing that.

Fueling is not the issue, I just want it disabled completely. Similar to how we can disable QS using the Rtune app.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for sharing that.

Fueling is not the issue, I just want it disabled completely. Similar to how we can disable QS using the Rtune app.
You could always set the rev limiter to the stock limit, if you don't want the additional RPM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could always set the rev limiter to the stock limit, if you don't want the additional RPM.
@shush319 RD support suggested the same, but when you go wide open, you'll notice the RPM/speed crawling vs when you have the stock coupler.

I think it still checks when you go wide open.

·
Registered
147 Posts
@shush319 RD support suggested the same, but when you go wide open, you'll notice the RPM/speed crawling vs when you have the stock coupler.

I think it still checks when you go wide open.
Maybe they can add that feature (on/off rev extender) to a firmware update in the future.?.? I know I have dug through every tab and clicked every button in that program (force of habit with any program, to learn as much about it as possible), and I do not remember seeing a way to turn it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts