KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my orange 390 today?
I didn’t know wether to go for a 390 or a 790 but in the end the 390 won.
I was going to buy a new one but then I found an orange April 2018 1600 miles with £600 worth of extras for £3350 like new condition and not knowing at the time if I made the correct choice it seemed like a no brainer.
After an 80 mile ride home from the dealer I love it and it looks better then the 790. I’ve been away from biking for 15 years but just jumped on and it was so easy to ride it was like I’d never been away. The juddering is a bit strange but I’m sure I will get used to it. Could do with a bit better exhaust note but then I don’t want to spend a fortune on a new can any recommendations also if you chance the air box top does it make it sound more throaty.

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Purchase a Rapid Bike Easy or Evo if you want the juddering to go away. If you meant brake judder then you need a floating disc brake (like the one from Galfer).

Enjoy your Duke!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks
Looking at security now and may be an alarm. Have bought loads of things from Hawk in the past and they do a paging alarm for £85 looks a lot of alarm for little money.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The KTM alarm is nice (I think) and is plug and play, too. Bike is already wired for it and is simple to install.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Jako999,

Welcome from the Lao PDR.
Search the alarm issue on here.
Someone came up with the manufacturer of the Power Parts alarm and immobiliser for about 2/3 of the price Power Parts wants.
I use 1 on my Duke and am happy with it although it takes up most of the tool-space under the pillion seat.
Shifting down in time prevents most of the issues many riders complain about on the 390.
Any fueling piggyback (booster plug, PowerTRONICS, Coober, Rapid Bike etc.) will allow riding her in a too-high gear at a too low speed which, as Marius mentioned, is not good for the engine.

Thanks
Looking at security now and maybe an alarm. Have bought loads of things from Hawk in the past and they do a paging alarm for £85 looks a lot of alarm for little money.

·
Registered
326 Posts
For the genuine KTM alarm, which your bike is wired, you only need the KTM PowerParts mounting kit (50 usd) and the Meta Defcom T alarm (100 usd).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts