KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new member here. A quick question for maybe someone who has the same problem as me.

So, last few days il eft the bike on outdoor parking and rain started pouring heavily. I notice that my meter started to fog causing my lcd to go blank on the middle area.

Last night i notice when i go out for a short ride, whenever i'm nearing stop and pulling my clutch the rpm kind of stay high for a few seconds and then it goes down.

Fast forward today when i'm starting my bike, i notice that the idling kinda goes up and down suddenly without me blipping the throttle and when i'm doing a small blip the bike seems like wanted to die.

Do the issues cause by the throttle body or maybe other parts that i may miss checking. Right now i didn't botherto start the bike as afraid that maybe some other things could happen.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Welcome, to the forum kualaloco79,
It always is easier for members to assist (mostly) when you include what bike you're referring to and what year built.
I take it your issues occurred after being out in the rains and that before you had no such alternating of RPMs?

Not that I have a solution for you but, when my assumptions are correct the cause is being out in the rains and as such it will be an electrical problem (not from the throttle body).

I would disconnect all contactors to the electrical devices on the throttle body and spray these with WD-40, let it evaporate and reconnect.
If your bike is a drive-by-wire I would also check if the throttle body is dry inside (no idea how to do this though)

I once had my Duke 200 not wanting to start after a thorough wash with a hose.
Left it out in the sun the next day and as if nothing ever happened she fired up around midday and I never had this again for the last 5 years.

I have ridden through tropical down pores after this and she never again had this issue but unfortunately, I have no clue, other than the spraying with a hose, what the initial issue was for not starting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys, new member here. A quick question for maybe someone who has the same problem as me.

So, last few days il eft the bike on outdoor parking and rain started pouring heavily. I notice that my meter started to fog causing my lcd to go blank on the middle area.

Last night i notice when i go out for a short ride, whenever i'm nearing stop and pulling my clutch the rpm kind of stay high for a few seconds and then it goes down.

Fast forward today when i'm starting my bike, i notice that the idling kinda goes up and down suddenly without me blipping the throttle and when i'm doing a small blip the bike seems like wanted to die.

Do the issues cause by the throttle body or maybe other parts that i may miss checking. Right now i didn't botherto start the bike as afraid that maybe some other things could happen.
Are you running any piggyback ecu power commander or fuel injector modulator?
Because if yes then those serve a bit richer fuel and without load on the engine its takes a while from 3.5k to idle rpm which is absolutely normal.
If your bike is stock then i would suggest you to check your air filter because restricted air sometimes makes the ECU command more fuel supply for the engine not to stall. And this might be the same reason why you are stalling at stop lights and idle. Lastly, if you are in a cold region or until the temperature gauge is one bar or more, the ecu commands auto choke for cold start and fluids running to the necessary places.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts