KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my bike put handle bar end mirrors that I don't particularly like as they are very low and small and the first thing to hit if the bike falls.

I had ordered incompatible 10mm mount mirrors but have a proper set on the way, but once I remove the handlebar end mirrors do I need to buy anything like plugs to bring the handlebar ends back to how they originally were?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bar ends serve a couple purposes. Least importantly, they're somewhat decorative, and finish the look of the handlebars nicely. They are also protective, in that they're cheaper to replace if the bike goes down than a lot of other parts that otherwise might get damaged. Lastly, they are HEAVY (for their size), and help to reduce vibration in the handlebars - which can be significant on a bike with a single cylinder engine.

Best part yet - the OEM bar ends are quite reasonably priced!

Product Font Line Auto part Diagram

This is specifically for my 2020 Duke, and from ktmparts.ca

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for the detailed reply as I'd like to restore my bar ends to how they originally were.

Are the same parts compatible with the 2017?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awesome thanks for the detailed reply as I'd like to restore my bar ends to how they originally were.

Are the same parts compatible with the 2017?

Thanks
Here's the link to 2017 - KTMPARTS.CA

The bar end is the same as my 2020 Duke, but the bolt is a different part number (it's still listed as an M6x55 bolt, so 🤷‍♂️)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts