KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
You will but your legs may be a little compacted, to be honest your best to sit on one and decide from there. Most people your size look at the 690 if their license allows it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think that at 6" you shouldn't have a problem. While you are tall, you are still within the normal range of height I think. Test it out to make sure, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just worried about the shape of the tank which locks your knees against it. I'm in the process of getting my motorcycle gear together then will most definitely arrange a test ride and post my impressions here.

·
Registered
573 Posts
690 would best fit ur height but u can always try sitting on it and get a feel of it ..

·
Registered
208 Posts
I didn't think there were big differences in size between the different Duke models. Are the dimensions really that different? Having your knees against the tank can help you to get more grip on the bike, so i don't see it necessarily as a bad thing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
you could always move the rearsets if you feel your knees are too close. It won't even affect your suspension geometry too bad if at all...

·
Registered
134 Posts
@ gpaul you could consider waiting on the supermoto 390 since it will have a taller seat height and more suspension travel.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You will look a tad big on the 390 but I don't think its going to be bad. You could always get a 690 :D
The only difference in seat height is just about an inch taller with the 690 but most importantly there is more power for un if that is your thing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having your knees against the tank can help you to get more grip on the bike, so i don't see it necessarily as a bad thing.
On a normal sized motorcycle (say Er-6n, done my DAS on this one) I would sit as forward as possible, testes against the tank hugging it with the knees. The shape of the 390 tank makes this a bit difficult. since your knees are supposed to go in that groove, so an oversized person will be forced to move back in the saddle in order to fit.

·
Registered
533 Posts
On a normal sized motorcycle (say Er-6n, done my DAS on this one) I would sit as forward as possible, testes against the tank hugging it with the knees. The shape of the 390 tank makes this a bit difficult. since your knees are supposed to go in that groove, so an oversized person will be forced to move back in the saddle in order to fit.
move the pegs back a bit and you should be able to slip in there comfortably... you could also consider altering the position of the bars...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts