KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a couple of things I found interesting that I read about the 390. I'm not sure if there facts is second hand knowledge.

Bike runs lean in closed loop up to 6800-7000 rpm.
Open loop is 7000 rpm up and then it runs rich .
Last three gears bike tends to cool down.
Bike is under geared to meet noise regs.
Lots of complaints about the throttle it's long .
First gen ECU adjust better can handle no cat and slip on .
Second gen bikes are better sorted but more resistant to changes .
Motorcycle acceleration site list 0 to 60 in 4.19 with a Clutch dump at 7k . Doubt many hit that

Tell me if I got anything wrong or any interesting facts you can think of.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I believe I could beat that 0-60 time with my 16, if I can keep the front tire down enough...... I am 36ish mph in 1st gear, and 56-57 in 2nd when shifting to 3rd. :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe I could beat that 0-60 time with my 16, if I can keep the front tire down enough...... I am 36ish mph in 1st gear, and 56-57 in 2nd when shifting to 3rd. :cool:
What are your mods 36 in first impressive ? Here is another interesting fact Motorcyclist stated the first generation Duke was the lightest street bike they ever tested.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What are your mods 36 in first impressive ? Here is another interesting fact Motorcyclist stated the first generation Duke was the lightest street bike they ever tested.
Shaved head (to fix design flaw, new head was developed for 2nd gen to remedy the problem) & thin head gasket kit. Gray Area KTM injector (300cc flow rate vs stock 186cc flow rate), full LeoVince Exhaust, 16t front sprocket, Open airbox lid & DNA race filter, PowerTRONIC piggyback ECU & FuelX controller. Stock was about 36-38hp to the wheel, the way it sits now is around 45hp to the wheel, and soooo much more fun :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts