KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im after a bit of help. My fan decided to stop working. I have checked power to and from the connecters, cleaned them and reconnected and it then worked for a while then stopped. Does the temp sensor control the fan or just send temp to temp gauge?(2017 390)

thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a thought but the temp gauge is working so probably not the sensor causing the fan issue?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi awhite,

This is weird. I own a 18' and sometimes I can hear the fan sometimes not.
For example I can hear it on a red light if the bike is hot (4 squares on the gauge temp). But most of the time I don't hear it.

Is that what you are taking about? Because if this is the case, it sounds like the correct behavior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I know what you mean, I've often heard people say there noisy but mine is silent. In this case mine has stopped working completely and I was just looking into the possible options. The bike would only overheat at slow traffic or idle and not losing any coolant so the system is fine. I have since tested the fan with power to it on its own and its not running so a believe the fan itself has packed up. My initial thought was if the temp sensor switched the fan on it could have been an issue there but then re-thought that one as the temp gauge is working fine. Anyway it appears it is the actual fan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ah okay yes. It seems that you found the issue. Keep us posted! Sorry if I did not help more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input. By the way I can't find any information regarding a fan relay on this model, any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts