KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Is the harness the same as the V3, like can I unplug a V3 & plug in a V4 without taking the whole bike apart? Besides the ability to tune via Android/iOS, what other features does the app provide? Does it have a built in AFR monitor & datalogger to aid in tuning properly? Only ask this because the app is still not available in the Play Store, and there is no mention of it's capabilities on the website. What other benefits does the V4 have over the V3???

Built in FuelX would be "Icing on the Cake"!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Unfortunately, PowerTRONIC V4 cannot connect to the older versions of the harness. Apart from the app PowerTRONIC V4 carries all the exciting features of the V3 and makes it even more better in addition to that we have introduced tune easy, which can be used to tune, calibrate and setup the ECU from your smartphone anytime and not just that throttle response and acceleration has been improved too thanks to the new hardware.
Bummer on the harness being different.... Where can we find the "Tune Easy" app, I do not see it in the Playstore...

·
Registered
490 Posts
only new feature in v4 is now you can tune your bike with your phone.. no valid reason to upgrade from v3 to v4… it could be a game changer if they introduced autotune feature in it coz everybody dnt hve access to dyno facilities..
My thoughts exactly. I mean, I already have the FuleX installed & the bike is dialed in & running great, so if I only gain the phone app capabilities, I will just stick with what I have.

They do mention "Improved throttle response & accelleration", but give no details other than "new hardware"....

Unfortunately, PowerTRONIC V4 cannot connect to the older versions of the harness. Apart from the app PowerTRONIC V4 carries all the exciting features of the V3 and makes it even more better in addition to that we have introduced tune easy, which can be used to tune, calibrate and setup the ECU from your smartphone anytime and not just that throttle response and acceleration has been improved too thanks to the new hardware.

·
Registered
490 Posts
That is all in the Rapid Bike EVO & RACE modules.
STILL WAY CHEAPER FOR BOTH PT UNITS!!!!! & honestly, if aRacer makes a MiniX for the Duke, I would go that way in a heart beat! Just installed one on my Grom with their AF2 WB unit, & its night and day over what I had on there & it still isn't not made a complete AT map yet.

All the goodies vs all the goodies:

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Software

1 - 6 of 6 Posts