KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the UK 390 is restricted at all for licensing reasons?
I have recently had 1st service and was a bit surprised that the bike reaches the rev limiter at approx 10000-10500 rpm, as it feels like there is more power there!
Any ideas?

·
Registered
533 Posts
yes I've read it was restricted. However I'm not UK based just came across the info in passing so take me with three grains of salt.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm not from the UK, but isn't the restrictions just for when you have a certain type of license? After you get a full license you should be able to take off what every restriction is in there.

This could all be wrong though, just going off what I've read before.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The duke arrives in the UK with a limited A2 reduction. Apparently you guys cant use it as a test bike for license due to it not fitting some reg but its allowed to be ridden on an A2. From what I remember the Kw was retarded but you should be able to open it back up via KTM. This was what I read originally when they were first being released.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah this is what I read too, that they had to reduce the power slightly to get the power/weight ratio down to fit in the license regulations.
It's a bit annoying for me as I have a full licence!
My dealer said that there's no restriction to take off so maybe it would need a re-map??

·
Registered
817 Posts
Possibly contact your DOT office to get the hard facts, once you know if it was retarded or not the mech should be able to go from there. Unless they dont want that to happen in the U.K, future riders buying it?
One way to check is on the Dyno and compare against stock quoted figures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I m wondering if some one has any futher info about it? Also here in Spain bike is ready for A2 license, so probably with some limitations for entering in the weigth/power ratio

·
Registered
682 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts