KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a Duke 390 in a month or so. Was wondering what year is preferred? I understand Gen 2 or 2017 onward is a better design where they cleared up some issues. But with respect to Gen 2 is there any difference? I am going to want to have the ECU added and do a cat delete with an intake pod.

Thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you're looking for exceptional grunt all from low down 2015 to 2017 is your best bet. Post mid 2017 and current gen bikes are refined to an extent, deliver a linear power delivery. The mad rush you get from the old gens are sorely missed on the current gen, but they make up for the design refresh and updates to the motorcycle. Still no slouch though. I would err on the 2017 and after models..

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would avoid the 22 models mostly due to the lack of turn by turn/bluetooth/smart features. But that's just me.
Saves needing a Sat Nav.

I would say 2018-2021 is probably the ideal years?
Thanks. Sounds like what your saying is the 22 has an integrated sat/nav and Bluetooth functions that are not as good as the Iphone. I like the white color models (not sure what years those are).

·
Registered
2015 duke 200, Previous bike (2009 er6n Kawasaki, 1982 honda nighthawk cb450)
83 Posts
Pretty sure they did. I think it was a 22 model and possibly the 23 model that had that issue.
It was pure ****, it hooked up to your phone costed alot and took like 30 seconds to link up. YOu can see youtube videos on it being not worth it.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well I'm confused
by claims that 2018 have sat nav.

I wouldn't be overly worried about colour schemes - the panels on the post 2017 bikes are interchangeable, so if you want your orange bike to be white, grey etc then you change the panels over - not cheap but do-able. If you are looking at frame colours then you need to be more careful.

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Cloud

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Sky Motorcycle

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 22My definitely has Bluetooth and satnav albeit turn by turn nothing fancy like TomTom or Garmin but it’s functional ??
Depends where and when you bought your bike... It's mostly due to the semiconductor shortage.
Plus my 2022 model doesn't have turn by turn/bluetooth/music support... And many other people lack that as well.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I think, it sucks because the answer is that there isn't really a best year ;). Obviously some people really, really care about functionality of the screen, others like the more quirky gen 1's. For me the 2017/2018 are best because they allow you to turn off the ABS on the screen - but that isn't going to be important for many people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts