KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I set up the shift pedal in the lowest position to suit my needs

There began the problem with the gear indicator sensor, which consist in that it generally does not show the gear engaged or the neutral indicator

I tried different settings for the shift pedal, but I didn't see any changes in the sensor

A week ago, I realized that the problem with the indicator only occurs when the engine is hot, ie. at operating temperature

All information will be welcome

Regards

·
Registered
802 Posts
Replace your gear position sensor. If it works only when heated up, your lever play isn't at fault.

Cheers!
V

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace your gear position sensor. If it works only when heated up, your lever play isn't at fault.

Cheers!
V
I wanted to verify that it is not something else

But I am already considering changing the sensor because I don't like to ride with the engine light

Thank B7

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to verify that it is not something else

But I am already considering changing the sensor because I don't like to ride with the engine light

Thank B7
A week ago I replaced the gear sensor, now it works and the engine check indicator is gone

I took the opportunity to change spark plug, oil, clean the inside of the engine meticulously so I could put another oil (motorex 10W60 synthetic), and check the torque of all the screws

It was a simple procedure, I followed the one in the repair manual

Obtaining the special tool to remove the rotor was the only difficult task, I was lucky because the mechanic at the dealership lent me his tool

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a 2021 Duke 390 for my wife yesterday. It’s brand new and I’ve put in about 70 miles so far.
I am experiencing the same issue where I select neutral while coming to a stop but I don’t see any gear on the display and the green ’N’ doesn‘t light up either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a 2021 Duke 390 for my wife yesterday. It’s brand new and I’ve put in about 70 miles so far.
I am experiencing the same issue where I select neutral while coming to a stop but I don’t see any gear on the display and the green ’N’ doesn‘t light up either.
View attachment 53442
Just picked mine up same thing only got about 17 miles so far.

·
Registered
495 Posts
On your picture, judging by the red oil indicator, your kill switch is set to OFF. In this position, the gear is not shown. Flip it back to RUN, and see if the gear shows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts